• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Advice on where to look for trans issues

scottmcneal said:
my crusie control turns off when i use my left blinker, whats up with this?
i just got it to work too. i have a 89 xj.

Thats easy. You're low on blinker fluid. Get the good synthetic stuff.
BlinkFluid.jpg

By god SNAKE OIL lives on! :eyes:

:laugh::rof::laugh:

lawsoncl said:
Thats easy. You're low on blinker fluid. Get the good synthetic stuff.
BlinkFluid.jpg

Last edited:
According to that link I posted earlier pin C10 is 0 volts with brake off and battery volatge with brakes on.

I confirmed that on my 87, but instead of 0 volts with brake off, I got a variable (not repeatable) voltage of 0.5 ot 1.5 volts according to my notes, and I only got 11 volts with the brakes on.

I just figured the switch might be going bad.

By the way, where I get that blinker fluid, looks like good stuff. :yelclap:

lawsoncl said:
The vacum part of the switch is just to release the vacumn on the cruise solenoid. The switch also has a set of contacts that close to signal the TCU when the brake is pressed. I'd think that they'd put both the electrical and vacumn functions into the single switch. Could be that the TCU line gets grounded and the brake light switch is getting switched to +12v.

That switch is near the top of the pedal.

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=6

Lots of other cool stuff there.

I don't actually have that switch myself. When I swapped in the AW4 in place of the AX15, I stuck a relay on the brake line signal to pull the wire to C10 wire ground (at least I think thats what it did - been a while).

For the original poster, maybe just stick the meter on pin C10 at the TCU and make sure it changes when you hit the brake pedal.

Last edited:
Back