• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Advice of snow tires...

Been impressed with my GoodYear Duratracs in both wet and white - another option to consider. Mountain-Snowflake rated, pinned for studs, and fabulous off-road too - truly a tire for all seasons.

anyone who says all terrains or M&S rated tires are a suitable replacement for purpose-made snow tires has never had the privilege of driving with real snows. snow tires on a 4wd/awd car are godly.

You referring to me?

If so, Mountain Snowflake rating is far more than old-school M+S. Please try to keep up.

toyo g-02, amazing tire. I trust them on all my families cars and trucks. i run them 31x10.5x15 . They rock

Been impressed with my GoodYear Duratracs in both wet and white - another option to consider. Mountain-Snowflake rated, pinned for studs, and fabulous off-road too - truly a tire for all seasons.
A MAJOR X2 for the dura trac i never used 4wd this winter they are awesome tire the sidewall could be stronger though, and Rob im still pissed you copied me :twak: jk dude glad you like them too

Another vote for the Firestone Winterforce. I've had them on several vehicles, two wheel and four wheel drive, and they are awesome. We've had a lot of snow the last few winters and they continue to impress me.

Nokian Vativa. Nokian WR G2 is the best studless snow tire on the market. you can run it year round and still will not void the mileage warranty. The Nokian Hakkapeliitta on the other hand is the worlds greatest studded snow tire. See for yourself. Here in the PNW we have an advantage to get these tires. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oBFKpnKXrY&feature=player_embedded

Nokain tires are hard to find. Do you have a good place to buy them?

yes Tire Factory has the rights for Nokian Tyres in the NW. Where in WA are you located? I work for Tire Factory and can give you everything you need to know.

we had Nokians on our Gallardo, it did better than the suv's we had, and anything else ive ever driven actually. i have blizzacs on my wrx and LOVE them, its a tank in the snow. the trxus MT's on the xj aren't that great in snow rain or anything now, they were great brand new though.

We will see how these GY silent armors do, they are pretty good on the ZJ and hoping for the same on the XJ and the TJ. It is nice to have balanced tires again that I can go over 60 without having my teeth shaken out, those Kumho's AT's were brutal and never could balance right.

Back