• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aaah poor tranny :(

I'm not talking about strength. I'm just saying automatics are 'tarded.

you can't hang out a 5000rpm in first for a solid 30-45 seconds in an automatic, it'll shift to second sooner or later (unless you screw around with it to get full 1st and 2nd gear control)

yeah, and we all know how much 4.0's love the redline. at least billy, kyle, and i do. and somehow rob too... but he has an auto. he's just special.

but really it comes down to what billy, said for me.

Well the fact that I have a birthmark of a 5 speed's shift pattern just means it's meant to be for me... I just noticed it there one day...

what a coincidence.

kyle, what would you do if it weren't for us to clutter your thread? :D

i'd be even more bored at work, because i have nothing to do!

i also pulled the diff cover on the d30 now to check out the spiders, and they atually seemed to be in pretty decent shape. i just left it dry since i might as well toss in the axles while i've got hte jeep off the road for a little bit, it's a very good time to get all those projects actually done

i agree that now is a good time.

didn't even realize i was clutterizing...

i ran mine dry for 120 miles and it's still ticking.

literally ticking.

my ax-15 that is. :illegalflipoffsmily:

Your CURRENT tranny isn't original to your current xj, is it? I think not! What happened to the other one?

Nah it isn't. Some dummy must have tried to rebuild the other one (torque converter didn't look original).

That and mine towed something (had a hitch on it) and no tranny cooler.

Heat will definitely kill 'em.

Tranny cooler? what's a tranny cooler? Hmm, don't know. Guess it's something for a pansy transmission...

:D

edit: i know they make them for manuals as well, so don't go there. :laugh3:

manual AW4 FTW!!!!

1r3syo.jpg

still a lack of a clutch pedal FTL.

i ran my aw4 low on fluid since i got it in Nov, it always kick out of gear at a stop, added a quart of fluid and it works good naw, may add another quart though

Back