• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A peak at what a certain traitor has been up to

woohoo, more parts
104.jpg

Huh? pretty sure I posted a pic of my new PSC full hydraulic steering with double ended ram. Still, Audis are awesome.

This showed up today
105.jpg

you know it aint my bag, Rich, but that is a really nice looking YJ you're putting together!:cheers:

More stuff showed up over the last week or so

1350 u-bolt yokes for the 14bolt and Dana 300
107.jpg

Dana 60 ARB for the front
108.jpg

And the compressor
109.jpg

And then, I actually did some work on it instead of just gathering parts :D
Made a plate to mount the ARB compressor where the A/C would go
110.jpg

All done and wired up, just need to run the air line to the locker once its installed
112.jpg

Then I went to Steam Boat and drank a lot
111.jpg

Then I got me a lot of 1.75OD .120wall DOM to build a jungle gym out of. :D
113.jpg

Got the front end apart last night, I need to revise my shackle mounts a bit and then but the axle together with new seals, ARB, and the steering ram mount. I also need to drill new centerpin holes in the perches and maybe even add some fresh paint.
114.jpg

Oh yeah, and I also scored these from Blue Torch Fab. Dana 60 and 14bolt Kryptonite diff cover kits, 14bolt pinion guard, and 14bolt bolt on disc brake brackets
115.jpg

Why'd you mount that compressor there? Aren't you concerned about keeping that compressor constantly hot on the trail so close to the engine?

Lotsa cool parts going on that rig....... :thumbup:

I did it on my neighbor's YJ last summer and its been working great on his. The YJ engine compartments aren't as boiling hot as XJ one as there is more room under them for airflow. I'm also going to add in a nifty hood vent idea to help.

Mind if I ask where you bought the tube and the price/ft? I'm gonna be needing some of that this winter and have started shopping around a bit.

I paid 3.07/ft after tax through Marmon/Keystone in Denver. That was with a business ID

Are you going to use braided air lines for your arbs since it's right next to the motor? The blue plastic lines are not so burly.

(Sorry if I missed this on another page)

Are you going to use braided air lines for your arbs since it's right next to the motor? The blue plastic lines are not so burly.

(Sorry if I missed this on another page)

I plan on doing these just to be able to route them easier. (and i need longer lines anyways) Gotta link where they can be had?

Why'd you mount that compressor there? Aren't you concerned about keeping that compressor constantly hot on the trail so close to the engine?

Lotsa cool parts going on that rig....... :thumbup:
I have my ARB compressor next to the airfilter on my XJ with no issues.

why .120 wall and not .250 wall?

For a cage?:eek:

Back