• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A peak at what a certain traitor has been up to

Damn Dutch, that thing's come along way. I still remember when it had that sexy rustoleum-green frame coating :gag:

BTW, PM sent your way about bumpers and axles...

Its officially sitting on its suspension, axles, and tires. 106" wheelbase, 78.5" wide, and over 30" tall at the rockers.
96.jpg

Damn, that came out good! :thumbup:
So uh... what's with the paint?

Fair enough. Do you plan on tying that grill hoop thing into anything?

I'm going to build an engine hoop and run bars from that to the front hoop along the edges of the hood where I cut away the fenders.

Nice. What will you be doing for a cage?
And what happened to the XLs you were mocking the rig up with?

I found a really good deal on these IROK's and decided to go with them. The Michelin's are now on my neighbors F-250

I'm going to replace the windshield support bars with new spreaders that will go all the way to the floor and add some additional bracing. I'll also be cvonnecting it to the frame at the a, b, and c pillars.

Moved it out of the garage so I can do some work on the Audi, at least it looks driveable. :D

103.jpg

102.jpg

101.jpg

100.jpg

99.jpg

98.jpg

And yes, the blue moon is a key ingredient in the build process.

NICE.
Are the axles not centered or something? The driver side rear looks like it's more inboard than the driver's front. Or is that just the camera angle?

None of my leafspring or shackle bolts are tightened down. Just hand threaded until the nylon starts on the nylocks.

Back