• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 XJ rear shock advice...

JWARE26

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the middle of my jeepspeedish build on my 99 xj and could use some advice. Front is done for now, 6.5" rough country long arm with fox 2.0's and acos pro bumps. my question is, is going through the floor on the rear shock set up really the way to go? i have a set of national spring on order, they way I see it I can put an 11" or maybe even a 12" fox 2.0 in the stock location. I will never be competing, this is my weekend toy. however I plan on spending plenty of time in glamis and have a place in parker AZ. My group consists of a bunch of long travel trucks and i would love to be able to hang with them. Would love to keep my shocks under the deck if they were going to work well enough, but am willing to go the through the floor route if its best. Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

there isn't room to do a long shock in the rear without going through the floor or removing the fuel tank.

Just finished putting mine up through the floor and I love it. You have to seal them up though because even with a 1/4" air gap between the shocks and the carpet still makes for a lot of dust if you have your windows down!

0caec869e59d20e397538110673b1663.jpg

Thanks. They're 2.0x14's with jeepspeed deavers, 14s are about all you can utilize IMO. I'm currently having to lighten up the rebound stack on them because they're packing up over long whoop sections. Here's the lower mount. Just some ideas for you!

527210fc90a739841b5a8ce7fa874ffe.jpg

Just finished putting mine up through the floor and I love it. You have to seal them up though because even with a 1/4" air gap between the shocks and the carpet still makes for a lot of dust if you have your windows down!

0caec869e59d20e397538110673b1663.jpg

I like your set-up, how are you planning to seal them?

Back