• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'99 2 door part out

Begster

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, so as some of you know, I just got a new Jeep and will be parting out the old DD since it really isn't safe enough to sell. I bought it in January and have since done a fair amount of maintenance to it.

NOTE: I WON'T BE PARTING THIS OUT UNTIL LATE DECEMBER/JANUARY!

I decided to post this up now to start getting a list of parts that are wanted, so that I can take it all apart and keep what is needed, then junk the rest.

I'm going to be keeping a few parts for myself, but feel free to as me about parts. I will most likely be able to ship small parts at my discretion, you pay for shipping.

Parts I'm keeping.
Battery, transfercase and shift gate, electric fan, crossmember and skids, intake manifold, brakes. If I forgot anything, I'll let you know if you ask for it.

'99 XJ 2 door. Red exterior, two tone tan/black interior. Was originally a government vehicle, therefore the only thing power is the mirrors. ABS so rear D35.

-4.0 with 158K miles. Rear Main seal looks like its shot. The engine does run strong though, it gets up an goes. Make an offer, I really won't be asking too much for this.
-Auto transmission, has no problems that I know of.
-stock transmission cooler
-Doors in good condition, no dents. The bottom inner part of them (were the inner seam is) is starting to rust some. Easy to fix, just wire wheel and then paint, wouldn't be noticeable from outside. [size=-1]Driver side mirror was missing when I got the vehicle, so I just used one of those mirrors you cut out from Autozone.[/size] Manual windows and locks.
-Complete header panel. Does not have "JEEP" lettering on it, and has a few stone chips.
-Fenders are good.
-Hood is good, small rust patch about size of a nickel on it though.
-Radiator replaced about a year ago.
-Rear hatch in good shape, one little scratch on side that has been covered with Duplicolor. Rear wiper does not work, never found out if its wiring or if motor is shot. No tint on it.
-Both rear windows up for sale.
-Looks to be aftermarket exhaust header, probably APN or the like.
-Tires are pretty shot, I don't think anyone really wants them. (one has a slow leak, and they are 215/75's. One has really good tread though). I have a set of 4 Goodyear tires that I could sell with those rims for cheap if anyone was interested. Those tires still have tread, (2 have abnormal wear due to driving around for a week after lifting a Jeep without getting an alignment. Would be fine after some driving, or doing a quick burn out if you are so inclined to)
-Vinyl seats. Drivers side bottom cushion has a big rip across it, but Pass and rear seats are in good condition.

Anything else you want from it. I'm pretty open to prices, let me know what you think is fair, and I'll let you know if I agree or not.

-Mark

Pics.
Here you can see the drivers side fender is a off color some. This picture highlights it best, but you usually can't tell there is a difference in normal daylight. (blacked out turn signals not included)
IMG_7141.jpg

When I picked it up back in January.
DSC_2572.jpg

How's the headlight harness? I've got a few sitting around, I'm trying to get a good number of model years so I can compare and make sure they didn't change anything before I start making them for people. I don't really care if it's corroded or rusty, just want to compare connectors/cable lengths/make sure all the wires go the same places.

EDIT: I cant read..asked about the intake manifold...how about the throttle body?
Sending a PM about the throttle body.

Black carpet?
Sorry John, tan carpet.

How's the headlight harness? I've got a few sitting around, I'm trying to get a good number of model years so I can compare and make sure they didn't change anything before I start making them for people. I don't really care if it's corroded or rusty, just want to compare connectors/cable lengths/make sure all the wires go the same places.
What part of the headlight harness, the part that is in the header panel? I'm going to keep the header panel complete, but I have a headlight harness from a header panel that you could borrow and do your measurements, and then return once you were done.

I'd be interested in picking up a full size spare...
I may have a tire for you.

O I want the D30 shafts and hubs too.
Selling the D30 as a whole.

liftgate struts and electric fan plz
I'm keeping the electric fan. Lift gate struts are so-so shape. There was a time or two where they didn't really want to hold up the liftgate on a cold cold day back in the winter. If you still want them let me know, you can have them.

I'll let you guys know about the motor as it gets closer to the time I'll part it out. Billy has first dibs on it right now.

That'd work fine, Mark - I just need to measure it, make sure it snaps down into the same mounting holes, check the connectors, compare wire colors etc etc etc.

Price for the whole thing i have a 98 2dr exact same color and its beat but runs like a champ. could use lots of parts and body sheet metal to get my chop done... let me know with a pm pls.

Will you be needing the speedo gear with the TC?

Alright, now that I'm done with exams, I can respond.

Price for the whole thing i have a 98 2dr exact same color and its beat but runs like a champ. could use lots of parts and body sheet metal to get my chop done... let me know with a pm pls.
I really don't want to sell it whole, but you have a PM.

Will you be needing the speedo gear with the TC?
I have the stock one I took out of my other Jeep when I changed it, I'll have to find out where I put that. I'll PM you when you I find it.

Interested in the whole Dana 30
I'd be selling that for $100. And like I said, I'm keeping the brakes.

Some other stuff I have.

-Brand new Ballistic Fab [/url="http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/D44-High-steer-arms-with-hardware_p_1248.html"]D44 high steer arms w/ hardware[/url]. The studs are longer on one side so that a spacer can be used. New for $200, I'll sell for $160.
-D44 open carrier with high pinion 3.50 gears.
-'74 Jeep Wagoneer LP front axle housing. Unsure of gears, but I can check. I could always just take the carrier out.
-MSD Blaster Coil, part #8222. Bracket and an Accel adapter harness thingy.
-Ford D44 knuckles/spindles/caliper brackets/calipers. Not flat top knuckles.
-Home made sway bar drop brackets I bought of a member here a while ago.
-Rear driveshaft with slip yoke. Was coupled with an 8.25 rear.
-Ford D44 front axle shafts
-'74 Wagoneer inner shafts
-15x10 Cragar soft 8's. 4.00" backspacing. Have a small amount of rock rash on lips of 2 of them, but other than that great condition. Were used for about 6 months before I changed my bolt pattern.

Back