• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 XJ Limited

Now would probably be a really good time to get new BFG ATs, with the new ko2 out now, dealers will start looking to make room on the racks and drop the price on the old ATs.

Now would probably be a really good time to get new BFG ATs, with the new ko2 out now, dealers will start looking to make room on the racks and drop the price on the old ATs.

Didn't realize there was a new one. What is the old one called?

Just FYI my tire guy quoted me $474.84 for set of 245/70R16 Cooper AT3 blems installed.

I'd imagine he still has them. If not, he comes across them regularly.

The last 3 sets of tires I've bought have been blems from this guy. If you can find the defect you'll be doing better than me.

BFG AT KO

http://m.tirerack.com/tires/TireDetailsServlet?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T/A+KO

BFG AT KO2

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T/A+KO2

Something can be said about a tire that sells well for so long without redesign. That said its about dang time!

I'm partial to BFG and Goodyear because I have had good personal and professional experiences. Also much easier to find a replacement when your traveling. That may not be as big of an issue when you are running close to a stock size and can ride on a spare to get home.

Just FYI my tire guy quoted me $474.84 for set of 245/70R16 Cooper AT3 blems installed.

I'd imagine he still has them. If not, he comes across them regularly.

The last 3 sets of tires I've bought have been blems from this guy. If you can find the defect you'll be doing better than me.

Is he open on Saturdays?

BFG AT KO

http://m.tirerack.com/tires/TireDetailsServlet?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T/A+KO

BFG AT KO2

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T/A+KO2

Something can be said about a tire that sells well for so long without redesign. That said its about dang time!

I'm partial to BFG and Goodyear because I have had good personal and professional experiences. Also much easier to find a replacement when your traveling. That may not be as big of an issue when you are running close to a stock size and can ride on a spare to get home.

Yes. Much easier to find one on the road with those two brands. However I see they don't offer the size currently on the jeep in the new AT.

I'm sold on coopers for the Jeep now!

What sold you on them? I love Coopers but there is not a lot of people running them around here. I'd have to deal with Florence which is 20 miles away. Only bad thing about being in a small town. I have also been looking at the Firestone Destination AT's. Jeremy 00classic ran them and liked them. I was impressed with him and them at URE when we went a few times.

Re: Re: 98 XJ Limited

What sold you on them? I love Coopers but there is not a lot of people running them around here. I'd have to deal with Florence which is 20 miles away. Only bad thing about being in a small town. I have also been looking at the Firestone Destination AT's. Jeremy 00classic ran them and liked them. I was impressed with him and them at URE when we went a few times.

Offroad performance. I'm running the STT's, which are kind of a cross between an MTR and a KM2. The crawl was their maiden voyage and I was amazed at how well they did. Mud and rocks both were no match. Pattern is a bit aggressive, IMO, for the amount of road time your green jeep will see, so I'd stick with more of an AT. That being said, the STTs jave excellent road manners and stump seems to be getting good mileage out of his. Well, back when it was a streetable vehicle still known as a Jeep that is :)

I got mine through Andy's guy and saved about $300 because they were "blems". The blems on mine were the white lettering was scuffed. Makes no difference to me as I mounted them with the letters inside!

Is he open on Saturdays?

He's open 8-2 on Saturday.

Call him up, tell him I sent ya. Make sure you ask for Blems. He usually has a few sets.

(864) 223-5823

I was hoping I'd be able to buy the set he has now but I don't see that happening in the immediate future.

Last edited:
He's open 8-2 on Saturday.

Call him up, tell him I sent ya. Make sure you ask for Blems. He usually has a few sets.

(864) 223-5823

I was hoping I'd be able to buy the set he has now but I don't see that happening in the immediate future.

I wonder if 4 will fit in the Jetta........ What is his name?

Logan's Metal Bumper will be going on the xj. I think I'll paint it Hammer Black. I thought about the green of the jeep but I think that would be too much green. Thoughts on color? Motor blew and a new used motor will get swapped in soon.

Sounds like a plan Glenn! Semi gloss black would look good too.

I had a guy come buy some parts from me yesterday that had a limited with the wood grain door panels. I thought about ya. I tried to buy the back door panels but he wouldn't cooperate.

I had a guy come buy some parts from me yesterday that had a limited with the wood grain door panels. I thought about ya. I tried to buy the back door panels but he wouldn't cooperate.

I found some and Jason is supposed to have gotten them to bring to me. I need to pm him.

Latest issue is shocks and springs. The rear springs are sagging. They are upcountry springs so what are the options? I was thinking of a BB helper spring. Also the fuel check valve is bad so I need to address that and a few other things......

Jeep as she sits today with the Logan's bumper on it....

Back