• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 XJ cheap junk lifted 4 door f/s

kcsterling

NAXJA Forum User
I am listing a 98 4 door cherokee that I recently purchased from a local dealership. Please note, if you are looking for a cream puff, leave now. This one is far from cherry. The story the dealership gave was the prior owner were traveling from Colorado to Virginia and broke down on the way. It was rollbacked into the shop and diag'd with a bad tranny. The owners then traded it in on a new vehicle. What I know about it: the trans does not work in any gear, shifts at the lever easily, but nothing happens. The jeep has 184xxx miles and starts and runs good with no unusual noises or exhaust leaks. It has a flowmaster muffler and a recent cat. bad 31/10.50/15 tires on eagle 15" chrome plated wheels, unsure of width, probably 8". It appears to have about a 5" lift comprised of 3" coils and spacers up frt, long travel shocks, a/m lca's, d-30 frt. Rear has what looks like 6" shackles longer brake line and long trvel shocks. What looks like a 8.25 rear. The good news: It would make a great trail rig since it already has the look. The body is fair to poor depending where you look, the header panel is an older version and looks like crap. The lft frt pwr window is out of the track, the lftt rr qtr window is gone. The rt fender needs replaced...or not. I do not have the title in hand, the dealership has provided me with a BOS and will be providing me with the title. I am choosing not to part it out and need to make room for the other junk 98 XJ I bought. Oh, I did not notice until I bought this heap, but the frt driveshaft is missing. Not sure whats going on there and can't believe anyone drove this thing as far as they did. The floor looked good, but I did'nt really crawl under it all of the way. $1500.00 OBO. Please give this a new home. PM with questions or e-mails work also. [email protected] BTW, I am keeping the rear hitch, you can have the rest.
DSC00400.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00404.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

Huntington.WV. Look at the map and find the most western part of the state and you will see Huntington. It joins Ohio and Kentucky near me as well.

Any offers? I may trade on wheels, tires ect. Looking for 33 and 15x8's

I am awaiting payment, I do have a confirmation to buy and an offer for a down payment. Give me another week or so to see what happens.
Thanks.

kcsterling said:
I am listing a 98 4 door cherokee that I recently purchased from a local dealership. Please note, if you are looking for a cream puff, leave now. This one is far from cherry. The story the dealership gave was the prior owner were traveling from Colorado to Virginia and broke down on the way. It was rollbacked into the shop and diag'd with a bad tranny. The owners then traded it in on a new vehicle. What I know about it: the trans does not work in any gear, shifts at the lever easily, but nothing happens. The jeep has 184xxx miles and starts and runs good with no unusual noises or exhaust leaks. It has a flowmaster muffler and a recent cat. bad 31/10.50/15 tires on eagle 15" chrome plated wheels, unsure of width, probably 8". It appears to have about a 5" lift comprised of 3" coils and spacers up frt, long travel shocks, a/m lca's, d-30 frt. Rear has what looks like 6" shackles longer brake line and long trvel shocks. What looks like a 8.25 rear. The good news: It would make a great trail rig since it already has the look. The body is fair to poor depending where you look, the header panel is an older version and looks like crap. The lft frt pwr window is out of the track, the lftt rr qtr window is gone. The rt fender needs replaced...or not. I do not have the title in hand, the dealership has provided me with a BOS and will be providing me with the title. I am choosing not to part it out and need to make room for the other junk 98 XJ I bought. Oh, I did not notice until I bought this heap, but the frt driveshaft is missing. Not sure whats going on there and can't believe anyone drove this thing as far as they did. The floor looked good, but I did'nt really crawl under it all of the way. $1500.00 OBO. Please give this a new home. PM with questions or e-mails work also. [email protected] BTW, I am keeping the rear hitch, you can have the rest.
DSC00400.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00404.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

Update---price reduction
$1000.00 as is.
Come and get it. I am currently using the rear hatch and the rear bumper, rear hatch will go back on it, unsure if I am ready to part with the rear bumper.
The dealership informed me the title is on the way, so that should no longer be an issue.
Thanks

Any one interested? I am trying to keep from advertising in the news paper--too expensive.
Thanks

Title is in hand, rear hatch is off other Jeep and ready to be reinstalled.\Thanks

Back