• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

911 help

I drove from Parker to Denver on I-25. About the capital building, the engine started sputtering, and the gauge cluster went dead, and the engine was sputtering. Sputtering lightly not like a hard jerky stall. The engine sounded "fine" on the way up and all gauges to that point were acting fine.

The things that got me was that it was sputtering / gauge cluster went dead which it was my understanding it is almost impossible to do?

Anyway, used my Bluetooth code scanner and it saw no code. Oddly a Check Engine Light tripped but did not persist - the check engine light came on after the car was stopped.

I was leaking nothing, and there were no visible signs from the engine that anything was out of order. I had oil, transmission fluid, radiator coolant, and power steering fluid. All lines were intact, and there was no lost fluid. I had a half tank of gas.

My inexpert opinion might lead me to the fuel system, would the engine trip off if insufficient pressure was in the fuel line?

Hypoid - Thanks for the offer, very kind of you. I previously fixed my junk too when I had time and could get my hand held by a mechanic buddy. Right now I'm going to Regis (ON CREDIT - 1-tonxj (btw u can be old and go to college)) & I have no frigging time or space to work. I found, ironically on NAXJA, a member who was a mechanic and he did great work. I wanted to do more work with him but he fled the area.

Idk I've been thinking of getting a renegade or a honda just to take the headaches away

Rodney Dangerfield did it .

Back