• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'91 4.0 build

drilled a bunch of holes
Picture168.jpg

cutting out the fairlead hole
Picture169.jpg

its starting to take shape. I am still not sure what it will look like when I'm done.
Picture170.jpg

Got to hand it to Dan at Ruff Stuff. I'm super happy with his bracket. And the shipping was crazy fast.
0705101243.jpg

Think I'll add a gusset on top of this. maybe a iron cross or something.
0705101335.jpg

The bottom will get some more plaiting too, probably tie into the lower link brackets.
0705101335a.jpg

I was looking at the very same ruff stuff bracket. I'm assuming now, especially after seeing your pictures, that there's no where to place it without cutting the floor.

I was looking at the very same ruff stuff bracket. I'm assuming now, especially after seeing your pictures, that there's no where to place it without cutting the floor.

The pinch seem would need trimming, it could be done. but it would be hard to get a descent amount of link separation that way.

I am still learning about all that stuff though. Any advice on lower link placement and lengths would be greatly appreciated? Looks like my upper link is going to be around 32"

The pinch seem would need trimming, it could be done. but it would be hard to get a descent amount of link separation that way.

I am still learning about all that stuff though. Any advice on lower link placement and lengths would be greatly appreciated? Looks like my upper link is going to be around 32"

How are you lowers going to be mounted to the body? Under the rail or higher by being attached to some crossmember? I think that using your bracket and some ruffstuff normal "under the rail" HD mounts would give enough separation.

Do you have closer pics of that installed after the floor is stitched back up? Something that shows that pinch some for perspective?

How are you lowers going to be mounted to the body? Under the rail or higher by being attached to some crossmember? I think that using your bracket and some ruffstuff normal "under the rail" HD mounts would give enough separation.

Do you have closer pics of that installed after the floor is stitched back up? Something that shows that pinch some for perspective?

They will probably mount under the frame rails but, im not sure yet. I want to avoid mounting to the cross member and its to far back anyway. I read you want your upper link a touch longer than the lowers. I would like to mount them higher, but haven't figured out how yet. When I get the floor stitched up, ill post pics.

Back