• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 MJ Totalled, the Resurrection!

Windshield #5 is in and has been for a week. No leaks in that deluge we had on Wednesday last week(4" of rain in 8 hours, massive flooding in our area) so all is dry and good now. Still waiting on a refund from Glassmasters, I'm filing a lawsuit on Monday if I do not get the refund then.

The 4wd is working great, and the windshield is not leaking! As a added bonus, Glassmasters refunded us what we paid to get our new glass put in! I was pleasantly surprised although I will never use them to install glass again.

I built the head-ache rack/canoe/kayak/ladder rack for the MJ today. My son is an avid kayak fisherman and a 13' yak will not fit in a 7" bed very well!

I made it out of steel and pipe, all bought at Lowes by my son for less than $100. I had the expanded steel laying around but the rest was all purchased.

He is going to paint it tomorrow and I will mount it on Sunday. Note: Comanche beds are not the same width front to back! The front of the bed is wider than the rear by 1"(glad I measured)

0412131546.jpg

0412131547.jpg

0412131547a.jpg

That Totally Could Have Fit In The bed

Eh, 13' yak and a 7' bed. Plus he plans on keeping the yak up there all spring/summer/fall so he can leave work/school and hit a fishing spot. He also mows yards so this will keep his bed empty so he can put his mower in there. I made the bars 6' so he can carry 2 yaks/canoes easily.

i worry about the same situation,i am going to get an internal cage for the cab. i am a body guy 25 years+ on the job.
not to bring a bunch of grrr to the thread but make sure he is following ICAR procedures for sectioning. butt joints on a and b pillars is not the correct procedure. i am off to read your thread and see how it is going. best of luck, feel free to ask any body repair related questions if you want.

scott

I'm OCD too. I found a couple of the non CAD switches out in my Jeep barn still on T-cases and I think I found part of a wire harness I can use to make this a quick clean job. I will just pull all of that old tubing and be done with it.

If anything good came out of all of this, he at least has cold and heat now and he has CC again. His front axle is locked in. The bottle is located under the hood and is now a single connection bottle and not the 4 connection mess. Simple is better!

Totally easy. Then you can delete all that vacuum tubing.

I made mine work because I just like little features to work. I guess I'm OCD like that.

Your right, I found that two prong plug today when I was playing around with things. Its near the shifter linkage on the tranny.

I want the light to work since this is a 19 year olds Jeep. I'm fearing that he will forget its in and hit dry pavement. He can't afford a T-case on a college kids budget.

So if I add the T-case switch then all I have to do is jumper that plug beside the tranny to the switch and I will get the "part time" light? If so, thats an easy fix!

Tell me more about how to do this. Make me want my PT light to work meow.

werent you going into the Navy?
how is your truck doing? i wish my engine was as clean as yours was in the pic on page 9 LOL

This is my son's truck. Yes he was going into the NAVY but his eye sight was too bad to get in. Astigmatism, refractory issues and really poor eyesight kept him out. We tried all of the different appeals and med waivers.

The NAVY did not want him. He is in college now and plans on med school next.

oh cool well best of luck to him ! how is the truck doing?

Its doing good but will need a motor soon. Running upside down for 5min wasn't good for it. It now has that slap sound off and on and its using oil, about a quart every 2 weeks.

I had to change the fuel pump 2 weeks ago and fix a bad connection at the bulkhead connector for the fuel pump.

Last week the steering box fell out of it! All 3 bolts were sheared. I think this may have been a result of the roll over. When the truck rolled the drivers side tire hit a tree and spun the truck on the way over. I think this stress sheared at least two of the bolts and the third one let go finally. I missed this when I was getting it back on the road somehow. Ive cone over the truck very well since last week. I was able to get a re-maned steering box with a lifetime warranty for 135. One less thing to worry about.

Back