• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'88 MJ long bed 4x4 with Stroker $2500

Status
Not open for further replies.

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
I'll give this another try before it gets sent off to languish in storage. Feel free to cross post, put it on Facebook, whatever.... I'd appreciate any help to get it sold.

Still have this truck that was gonna be my Dually project but I just need to move on. Truck has not been modified for the dually project so it'll be a super nice clean truck for someone. I'm keeping the dually parts - maybe I'll find a solid running Metric Ton in the future and build it then.

'88 long bed 4.0, 4x4 5 speed non-A/C truck from New Mexico........ yep...... ZERO rust. And a stupid-straight body. This is a factory gas and t-case skid equipped truck with tow hooks.

The guy got a notice from the city to get rid of it and since he'd removed the engine/trans/t-case and axles from it..... he decided he couldn't get it together in time and decided to sell. He had bought a bunch of brand new lift parts, 31's and whatnot, and the engine was blown so we struck up a deal where he kept the new parts, builder engine, trans and t-case to sell off and I bought the roller body.

It was his father's truck since new. He wanted to do a resto-mod. Helluva nice base-truck for my project. The bed had a topper on it all it's life so the bed rails are perfect except for 6 bolt holes from the topper. Perfect bed all around. Perfect tail gate too. Never been in an accident, the only body filler is on the right rear and that's very minor.

The odometer says 30K miles....... unfortunately, it quit working years ago. His father kept oil change records and the last oil change was at 145K before it spun a bearing. Being that I wasn't interested in the drivetrain, mileage really wasn't a factor.

The maroon interior is damn near like new. The bench has had that seat cover on it since new - so he says.

It has rebuilt rear leaf packs with new leaf insulators and bushings, and a 3" AAL. The front has a new poly bushings, Black Diamond 3" lift arms upper and lower. The coils were shot and he cut those out with a torch, so I popped in a pair of Metric Ton front coils to get it home.

He also installed clear corners and signals with new halogen head lights, then painted the grill/trim.

Has a plastic bed liner, over the rail style.

I bought Kaczman's buggy - what was left of it anyway with the stroker he built. That stroker is now in the engine bay of this truck with an auto trans bolted to it. The trans is a 23 spline output. Do the mods to swap to auto or put a 5 speed back in it. Again, nothing has been modified yet. If you want a column shift auto set up, I have those parts available - at additional cost. Realistically....... going back to a 5 speed makes this truck very quick and easy to get back to running status....

Stroker build info:

-OEM Renix block, Head was ported and polished.
-12 counterweight crank (I believe he said it was new, aftermarket)
-Comp Cam (part number was either 68-231-4 or 68-232-4)
-Custom dished pistons for 9.4:1 Compression Rating
-Mopar Performance Valve Springs, Retainers and locks
-24lb injectors
-Mopar performance plug wires
-Balanced and blueprinted
-235 HP and 250 ft/lbs torque

Also have a nice pair of maroon big-bolster bucket seats with MJ bases available if you don't like the bench - at additional cost.

Comes with a tube rear bumper but have a perfect OEM rear bumper available - at additional cost.

It will need a windshield, a radiator and an aftermarket track bar and drop bracket for 3" lift.

Anyway, this is likely one of the cleanest rust free trucks you're gonna find and it's got a stroker.

$2,500. Screaming deal....... If I can't get that for it, I'll continue to sit on it.

IMG_20131031_172511343_HDR_zpsdf757399.jpg

IMG_20131031_172655535_HDR_zps657f642e.jpg

IMG_20131031_172807475_zpsaeb0962c.jpg

IMG_20131031_172827157_zpsd9c31982.jpg

IMG_20131031_172609210_zpsabf34f0f.jpg

IMG_20131031_172547860_HDR_zps8416c859.jpg

IMG_20131031_172449712_zps836958eb.jpg

Last edited:
So far...... yes. 3 interested that keep hitting me up with questions...... 2 just don't have the funds in line. The third is overly cautious to pull the trigger apparently.

SOLD

Is this locked for the benefit of the tire-kickers? :D

No....... I sold it..... ;)

So, is this "SOLD!," or "theoretically" sold?

Awful lot of chat in this closed thread......... :D

Sold as in cabbage exchanged for pink slip to a new owner.

Sad day. Cool dually parts....... no truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back