• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 Axle Growl??

Ok so i know this is 5 mo. old. LOL This growl that you hear. Is this something that can sound like its coming from the tcase? I'm having a real hard time with my growl noise. It will not do it on jack stands so its weight related.

well its simply not doing it on jack stands because theres no load on anything. generally its pretty easy to tell if its your rear end as long as its not too quiet a noise.

Ok so i know this is 5 mo. old. LOL This growl that you hear. Is this something that can sound like its coming from the tcase? I'm having a real hard time with my growl noise. It will not do it on jack stands so its weight related.

You bet,the 8.25" is known for this,particularly if the crush-sleeve(pinion torque) wasn't done properly(did you have new gears installed?).Pinion bearings being worn/loose can also cause the noise.

You bet,the 8.25" is known for this,particularly if the crush-sleeve(pinion torque) wasn't done properly(did you have new gears installed?).Pinion bearings being worn/loose can also cause the noise.

I'll throw my front shaft in and run it front wheel drive and see if noise is still there.

OK so I have this growling/whirring noise. See this thread http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1044693&highlight=whirring

there is a sound file attached and a description of what I have done to locate it. I am curious if your growl sounded like my whirring!

I have been driving the way it is cause I don't know where to attack it. My next step is to put the front on jackstands, lock the rear with the parking brake, put it in 4 HI Full and drop left and right independently to see if the noise is still there.

OK so I have this growling/whirring noise. See this thread http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1044693&highlight=whirring

there is a sound file attached and a description of what I have done to locate it. I am curious if your growl sounded like my whirring!

I have been driving the way it is cause I don't know where to attack it. My next step is to put the front on jackstands, lock the rear with the parking brake, put it in 4 HI Full and drop left and right independently to see if the noise is still there.

Make sure you have a spare t-case,a will, and dont forget to take video!!:wow:

Back