• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

78 C20

ROR. Looks good man, ya know it isn't my bag, but if a lowered cheby is what he's shooting for, it looks great!

Its 2wd otherwise it would be lifted as well. He gets the pretty and low truck sister gets the big jeep.

Figured I should update this. We have accomplished a bit lately.

After the drop we were shaking down the front end to make sure everything was tight. Lower and upper balljoints had a little bit of play but the upper control arm bushings were the big culprits. So we just went ahead and replaced the upper control arms as a whole. Replaced lower control arms.
We also replaced the fuel pump, which was the FACTORY one. Holy kerap. We had to move the fuel tank from passenger to driver side since we switched beds. The driver side had the door for filler cap. Unfortunately the fuel pumps are directional, so we needed a driver side pump anyway. Definitely runs a lot better and smoother now, plus it doesnt shake going down the road. Biggest upside tho is that this bed doesnt have any rust. There are a few dings we need to remove but soooo much better than rust.

anyway. on to the pics of progress....

2012-09-23_173027.jpg

2012-09-30_165244.jpg

2012-10-18_111027.jpg

2012-10-18_122810.jpg

That looks good Mike.

Thanks. its getting better.
just replaced inner door panels with actual.black ones not.painted.
once we replace the fenders and fix the minor body work we will be deciding on.a.color and sending it in for paint.

well here are some new things
Got a Bluetooth head unit installed
541814_584522081573298_1387940087_n.jpg

The new door panels and window cranks/handles
734054_584522124906627_97794216_n.jpg

and a horn, finally
543930_584522204906619_2051923019_n.jpg

Hopefully working on this thing tomorrow. (if brother remembers to take my truck instead of his.)
Starting to really get it ready for paint. He is dying to have it painted by prom.
Ordered up some replacement fenders instead of trying to fix rust and dents on factory ones. So going to try and install those tomorrow. Then hopefully alter this week or next get it to the shop to see about rest of body work and paint.

What color will it be painted?

You guys have made some real nice progress/improvements to that truck. :thumbup:

Thanks. It is longest living family vehicle almost 10 years now! (aside form grandpa's 52 chevy, but thats in cali)

My brother is still deciding. He was thinking something like a black cherry. But he is super indecisive so who knows. First will be body work which im sure will take a week or so. Then getting paint figured out.

Super cool Mike. Really would like to get an old C10 one day.

Thanks. We are having some fun with it for sure.
Been fighting with the hood to get the alignment and gaps correct, but looks like we might have to go with new springs and brackets to make it work. this thing is worse than a damn jeep :gee:

Well I guess my brother was having issues with the glasspacks he was running on the truck due to crappy piping being used when whoever my dad had install them did the work.
Happily I told my dad to go to a magnaflow exhaust and to get some prebent piping.
They went with a 2.5" diameter flow master pre bent kit am got some magnaflow mufflers. They did the work an my brother did some of the welding so it's not perfect but he gets pride out of doing it with family. Waiting for audio clip he sent me to load so I can share. Sounds a bagillion times better for sure.

http://youtu.be/fXQWHA0WNn8

Ya that's all the audio there is :dunno:
Might have him do a rolling audio shot. The sound if far superior.

Ya eventually. She has another year of jeepin before she can get something for graduation.
Lucky little bastards.

Ya they both bust their butts in school and sports and community service stuff its cool to help my folks in getting them stuff. Picked up sisters new ride today too. a pretty clean 99

Back