• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6x9 speaker tutorial

My advice is to go with a speaker that fits the doors without modification. Get a sound bar a the junk yard and do the same with it. Size isn't everything with speakers. You can get good speakers that will fit that don't cost an arm and a leg. Check out partsexpress.com

If you want 6x9's easiest way is to just get speaker boxes and have them hang out in the back. I did it and made the speaker wire longer so I can pull the speakers out and use them as the jukebox for camping. Cutting the hole to make them fit will be a pain. It can be done but from my past experiences is more of a headache than just running the original size.

6x9" would fit BEST in the hatch if you're going to cut them in, otherwise I would (and did) go with 6.5" speakers. the front doors are a bit shallow. I went with Kicker KS up front and since I had room in the back I went with infinity Kappas

6x9" would fit BEST in the hatch if you're going to cut them in, otherwise I would (and did) go with 6.5" speakers. the front doors are a bit shallow. I went with Kicker KS up front and since I had room in the back I went with infinity Kappas

Yeah ended up gettin the 6.5" Kickers. Did you have to do any mods at all to fit em in? They fit the hole but haven't tried the panel yet.

Also, someone please school me. Had to go between the door and solder the wire back together. Don't understand how one wire goes into two and one wire becomes positive and one negative. And how do you determine which is which.

Lets see if I got that straight?

1. Twist wires together.

2. Hook wires to speaker.

3. Turn on radio.

4. Depends on results;
A. If radio works;
a. Crimp wires together
B. If radio does not work;
a. Swithch wires on speaker
b. Refer to number 3 then proceed to number 4 and hopefully to 4a

... Don't understand how one wire goes into two and one wire becomes positive and one negative.

That never happens.

A quick search of NAXJA finds this for a 1997 :

LEFT SOUND BAR + brown / yellow
LEFT SOUND BAR - brown / light blue
RIGHT SOUND BAR + dark blue / white
RIGHT SOUND BAR - dark blue / orange
LEFT FRONT + dark green
LEFT FRONT - brown / red
RIGHT FRONT + violet
RIGHT FRONT - dark blue / red

Lets see if I got that straight?

1. Twist wires together.

2. Hook wires to speaker.

3. Turn on radio.

4. Depends on results;
A. If radio works;
a. Crimp wires together
B. If radio does not work;
a. Swithch wires on speaker
b. Refer to number 3 then proceed to number 4 and hopefully to 4a

You got it! And by wires I meant the little leads they usually give you with the speakers.

A quick search of NAXJA finds this for a 1997 :

LEFT SOUND BAR + brown / yellow
LEFT SOUND BAR - brown / light blue
RIGHT SOUND BAR + dark blue / white
RIGHT SOUND BAR - dark blue / orange
LEFT FRONT + dark green
LEFT FRONT - brown / red
RIGHT FRONT + violet
RIGHT FRONT - dark blue / red[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that helped a bunch. Didn't think to do a search on that. Got em in and workin good:music:

Got em in and workin good:music:[/QUOTE]

The little emoggie is lyin. Don't have a CD player, it still has a cassette player that is messed up but I can play the radio, just don't know what station it is cause it stop showin that a while ago. And the back speakers sound terrible but, one thing at a time, right?

Back