• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4th Quarter meeting minutes

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Minutes of the NAXJA Colorado Chapter meeting October 22, 2005

Board members present:

President - Led Lancos
Vice President – Troy Betka
Secretary/Treasurer – Joey Barone

NAXJA members present:

#696 Tom Houston “oldman” (National President)
#805 Jeff Taylor “Planefixer”
#699 Jack Jacoby “Wolfman”
#486 Andrew Heesacker “HJeepXJ”
#1053 Henry Pawlak “TVGuy”
#1303 Noah Divine “RockTrackXJ”
#1284 Chris Love “C.diesel”
#1281 Joe Footdale “footdale”
#1242 Bob Levenhagen “Rock Yacht” (TnT Customs)
#931 Justin Schrock “jrsxj98”
#1279 Tony Hutto “Zion Trail Rider” (Zion Off Road)
#683 Jim Langdon “Yucca Man”

Non Members:

Jon Jacobs “JJacobs”
Matt Cook “Scorpion”
David B. “ExNews4XJ”
Mark Sanders “ChevyZR2”

The Fourth Quarterly meeting was held at Chili’s Restaurant in Westminster. Many thanks goes out to Manager Pat Murray for the use of their enclosed patio dining area for the meeting.

The meeting was called to order at 12:45 pm.

Administrative business discussed:
• No new or old business presented.

Old Chapter business:
• Chapter logo stickers have been printed and are available for $5 each.

New Chapter business:
• The floor was opened for nominations for all 3 BOD positions. Nominations are as follows: Chapter President – Troy Betka, Vice President – Jim Langdon and Justin Schrock, Secretary/Treasurer – Jack Jacoby. Nominations were officially opened on the Chapter forum on October 16th and will close on October 23, with voting to take place October 24th – 31st.

• Colorado Fest: This year’s event was a huge success! Initial discussion opened for the 2006 event. It was agreed that the dates would be: August 6th thru 12th. The general consensus of meeting attendees agreed that keeping the event in one location worked very well. Unless future discussion dictates differently, the 2006 event will again be held in Buena Vista. It was suggested that Blanca Peak trail be the over-nighter trail for 2006 in place of Holy Cross trail.

• Vice Pres. Troy Betka opened discussion for an early Spring event to be held at Avalanche Ranch. It was suggested that this event be held on a Thursday thru Sunday, during the last week in May. Event plans will be firmed up at a later date once Avalanche Ranch can be contacted and reservations made.

• Chapter T-Shirts were again brought up for discussion. Initial design ideas discussed involved a large Chapter logo on the back, with a simple NAXJA Colorado Chapter rectangle logo to be designed for the left corner of the front. Members Jeff Taylor, Justin Schrock and Jack Jacoby each volunteered to contact silkscreen vendors to solicit designs and prices.

• Member Tony Hutto of Zion Off Road offered to host an unofficial event in Montrose, November 17th – 20th. He stated he would post a thread with details.

The meeting was adjourned at 1:20 p.m.

Are we sure that wasn't JohnJohn???

91 Jeep Project said:
Btw: Who is on top of the meeting minutes? I need to know what I missed while I was sleeping. Thats right I said it, I was sleeping...........:D

So sorry for the LOOOONNNGGGG delay in posting these DJ....... :moon:

91 Jeep Project said:
The way I see it you should have been there with a laptop typing while everyone else was talking............:roflmao:

Well.... since you seem to have quite a bit more techno skills than I, I'm thinkin' I should nominate you for the Secretary position.......

But then again, I don't think the chapter is ready for you to show up in a skirt and heels while taking dictation....... :puke:

YELLAHEEP said:
Well.... since you seem to have quite a bit more techno skills than I, I'm thinkin' I should nominate you for the Secretary position.......

But then again, I don't think the chapter is ready for you to show up in a skirt and heels while taking dictation....... :puke:

That would never work, I can't vote myself into office..............:D

planefixer said:
You forgot the cameo appearances by Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader. :D

Darth was a lot shorter in person than I thought he was. I suppose they use special camera angles and such to make him look taller in the movies...

Back