• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4 Wheel Parts Gets Slapped with 19 Violations By State Agency

That's concerning!

Anyone done any business with the Colorado stores?

I was thinking about dropping in one day and trying to get myself a good tow strap and some front tow hooks. You know.. to avoid shipping and get them in my hot hand now...

I'm sure if I do my homework I should be fine but I'd rather not give my money to undeserving Companies when I could help out the little guy...

Citat3962 said:
I was thinking about dropping in one day and trying to get myself a good tow strap and some front tow hooks. You know.. to avoid shipping and get them in my hot hand now...
They will charge you shipping anyway. Thats one thing I never understood about that store. Its the only place I know of that if they have to order you a part in...even if its something they carry...they will charge you shipping. As far as quality goes though...A tow strap and hooks isn't going to be made by them so...if its cheaper there I wouldn't be afraid of it.

Citat3962 said:
If they don't have it sitting on the shelf waiting for me to buy with no shipping costs involved they can kiss my $$ goodbye..

Yeah... This is exactly how I've used them on the four occasions I've actually patronised their stores: they had the cheapest local prices on stuff that doesn't make sense to mail-order due to the cost-to-weight ratio on shipping. Hi-Lift jacks, shackle receivers, Warn winch cables, driving lights, etc. are all OK to get from them - but then, as has already been mentioned, this isn't stuff they make themselves, so it's probably fairly safe.

No way in hell would I let any of the local ones work on my Jeep - not knocking your shop Terry, just commenting on the level of idiocy I've observed in the locations around here. Most of the employees seem to be Monster Garage wannabes who swear to the customers that they'll make them 'the sickest truck, braah'.

One of the worst things I saw was the guy who came in looking for a lift on his TJ. He was pretty set on using RE components, but the sales guy actually told him not to use RE's stuff because it was "shit", and Pro-Comp was way better. Hm, funny how the own-brand items are far superior... And if the RE kit really *is* that bad, what're they doing selling it in the first place anyway?

This seems to be the world capital for the TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! brigade who want billet grilles, chrome rims, and nine feet of lift on their pickups, and the 4WP stores around here both cater to and prey on that mentality. Of course, if the customers have more wallet than brains it's largely their own fault - but by the same token, even if they are that stupid it doesn't excuse giving them bad advice or charging over what's reasonable for the job involved.

As for any experiences I may have had with them involving mechanical work, that was stopped before it happened when I asked for a quote on fitting an SYE to my XJ and was asked, "What's an SYE?" After explaining it to the guy, he said I didn't need one with 3" of lift because TJs and XJs were built on the same platform.

Oh, and for anyone local: if you ever had a bad experience at the Burbank store, don't shop at the one in Azusa. Most of the staff moved there when the Burbank location closed down.

Citat3962 said:
Screw That!!

If they don't have it sitting on the shelf waiting for me to buy with no shipping costs involved they can kiss my $$ goodbye..
Usually if you'll go to their warehouse you can avoid the shipping. I've only dealt with Jon Brule at 4WP on Federal to get gears (for others to install); a little over a month ago ORI was going to install 4.56 in my D44 and couldn't source them from anyone before April. 4WP actually had Dana gears in stock at the warehouse and (believe it or not) cheaper than most of the out-of-stock guys. That's about alll I'll buy from them however, and like most of the rest I'll never let them touch my truck...

yellowxj said:
And that sentence is retarded too....if this was a state agency writting this there would be investigations ongoing... severe crimes...some one would be getting arrested...

I caught that, too.
Several severe crimes were committed; unfortunately no enforcement action was taken, due to the fact that there are no laws/regulations and/or introduced legislation for swift action to be taken.
How can there be "severe crimes" when there are no laws? Law school 101 -- if it isn't against a law, it isn't a crime.

Only had one dealing with 4WP and that was BACK IN '00 for one PAIR of cheap steel wheels & 33" mud tires. I had to go round & round with the phone salesman: I needed 3.75" offset to match a pair I had already, (made that point clear several times) but he insisted 4.5" offset was what I needed "They'll rub the fenders etc bla-bla" I was like "Dude, I haven't GOT any fenders left for anything to rub on except trees."

I ended the conversation & placed the order assuiming I had triumphed :D

Wrong! A week or so later an 18 wheeler drops off my two new BFG/MTs mounted on 15x8 x4.5" bs LOL at least they had the correct lug pattern :rolleyes:

I'll NEVER do business with them ever again, even if I have to pay higher at another vendor.

They wouldnt mount my new 36" swampers on my xj for me cause they said they couldnt be lifted high enough to clear them...

Geeeeeeze....

I'm going to go visit my local store to get some prices on the last few things I need to be ready for the trail.. some front 3" coils if I can get them separate from the kit.... tow hooks, brackets and a tow strap.

If I catch more than an ounce of lip from the people at the store Ill fan my face with my (small) wad of cash as I wander out their door never to return.

Where is the warehouse location here in colorado Yucca?

I'd definately like to catch a minimum of guff by going to the source...

I'll be sure to post my experience up here...

The warehouse is up on I-70 near Stapleton; I forget the actual address right now. Call the Federal store and ask for Jon; don't deal with anyone else...let him know I referred you. There's nothing in it for me (that I know of) but at least he'll have an idea of why you're asking for him specifically.

Did anybody notice that there's basically no information on 4 Wheel Parts on any of the legitamate links? Only one store had the D rating with BBB. CA Consumer Affairs has no action against them at all. Can't even find a reference to them on most of the links.

Looks like April Fools day to me......

hmmmm...... :hang:

Back