• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.7L stroker questions

knever3

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 4.7L stroker motor that I will be installing in my '87 Jeep Comanche. Specs are '96 block and head, '99 intake with 62mm aluminum throttle body. I will be using the renix system to control it.

Questions.

What do I need to properly keep an eye on the motor other than standard gauges?

Adjustable MAP sensor?
Wideband air fuel ratio gauge?

I have been searching the internet but can't find what I am looking for without talking to someone that has a similar setup. :geek:

I want to know if it's running right not guess, any suggestions built on experience wanted.

Thanks!!

Firstly you'll need Ford 24lb injectors to feed your stroker with the right amount of fuel. A wideband O2 sensor with gauge would be the best way to monitor your A/F ratios and if necessary, you can build a MAP adjuster to make adjustments.

I have Ford 24lb/hr injectors already, as for the wide band O2 monitor is there an inexpensive one I can use to set it up? The ones I have researched are between $250-400!!!!!!! Crazy expensive just to tune the engine and let it ride from thereafter. Thanks for the replies guys.

Yeah I haven't figured that out just yet, I have seen write ups on that but don't know if I want to make my own or just order Hesco's and put down $175 with shipping for one crazy part.

You can get an Innovate A/F gauge and sensor for $200 and weld in a bung to use it. After you can sell it for $125-150 easily.

Yeah I haven't figured that out just yet, I have seen write ups on that but don't know if I want to make my own or just order Hesco's and put down $175 with shipping for one crazy part.

There's a write up somewhere.

Are yo totally stuck on using the 99 intake and TB? There are other options.

just order the hesco piece, it will go together right the first time and you'll be done with it. it seems like a lot of money for a little piece of aluminum (and it is) but you put it on and you're done. easy as that.

just order the hesco piece, it will go together right the first time and you'll be done with it. it seems like a lot of money for a little piece of aluminum (and it is) but you put it on and you're done. easy as that.

Good point, Hesco TPS conversion kit ordered just now. Thanks for saving me the trouble.

x2 on the Innovate wideband. You won't regret using the 99 intake. My brother is gonna make his own adapter sometime this summer, but i don't blame anyone for buying that or the $2K+ aluminum head from Hesco--they got the market locked on certain quality Jeep pieces.

Ok, i have a wideband O2 gauge on order, 99 intake, 24lb/hr injectors for my stroker.

Now do i need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and an adjustable map?

I intend on running the renix '87 fuel rail that was stock with the renix wiring.

If anyone thinks i should run another fuel rail let me know, i see that the mounting tabs are different. Pictures of your setup would help me too.

DSC_0517.jpg

Thanks again guys!

I would run an early HO (91-95) fuel rail. it should bolt right up to that manifold and it still has the return port that was omitted in the 96 and later models.

I like having an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and map both together are not completely necessary. I used the fuel pressure for a coarse adjustment and fine tune with the map.

Back