• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0 for Cheap - Atlanta, GA

GAdawg

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a I6 4.0 that I will give to anyone for like $50 if they want to come pick it up. It is out of an 89XJ and was running good when I did a V8 swap. At 240,000 miles the only problem I knew of was a slightly leaking fuel injector and some minor valve cover leak. Still has PS pump, distributor, and clutch with about 40,000 miles. Shop can vouch for its operation prior to taking out of jeep.

what all is included? I am very interested (calling dibs for now). Plus I'm close!

imma honky said:
what all is included? I am very interested (calling dibs for now). Plus I'm close!

Hmm, I 'm trying to remember what we left on it. I may be able to run by the shop later today and verify. But to the best I can remember we pretty much just snatched it out of the jeep. Should have water pump, power steering pump, mechanical fan pully (still have the fan too), distributor + wires, exhaust manifold, throttle body, clutch. That's all the major stuff I can think of, whatever is on it you can have it. If you are still interested and have more specific questions shoot me an email ([email protected]). The shop is in North Atlanta and open from 8-5 if you wanted to take a look at it I could get you their contact info. Thanks for the interest.

Last edited:
I would buy it but I don't know how soon I can come get it. how soon do you have to move it? If you can hold it a till next weekend put me in line.

holy cow! forgot about this thread.... it died and i thought it was gone. If I can score a trailer, i will try to get it on a sunday. If you have a phone # i can reach you at, I will call you once i get a trailer. Pm me.

Yes, it's in the making (very begining). I drive a 91, but my 90 will be my rig.

Back