• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33" 3" lift on stock running gear?

Finally time to get a lift. I have a 90 xj with a dana 30 & 35 I'm going with a 3" lift from Rusty's and was planning on running 31" tires and was going to put a Lock Right locker in the rear. I know I could fit 33" tires with some fender flares and some wheels with 4.00 backspacing. I don't do serious hardcore off road being this is my daily driver/hunting truck/towing my 4 wheeler around. My question is will my axles hold up under 33" tires with a locker in the rear?

Maybe, maybe not. I wouldn't put any money in a d35. Put an Aussie locker in the front, and keep an eye out for a 8.25 rear. Then look at gears and a locker for the back.

I think he's referring to the carrier break

To be honest, I don't know what all the individual parts are, but I've always heard that you have to match "something" to "something" when you put a locker in. And, it's not cost effective to buy a locker, install it, then later change the gearing.
But maybe the parts that need to be changed after the locker is in, regarding changing the gearing, aren't that much extra money?

How much does this carrier break cost?

Back