• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

305 swap questions

what trans you have?
what year xj?
what year is the motor?
you goin fi or carb?
4wd or 2wd?
why are you wasting your time with a 305?

what trans you have?
what year xj?
what year is the motor?
you goin fi or carb?
4wd or 2wd?
why are you wasting your time with a 305?

what year xj? 96
what year is the motor? no clue came out of a 70s camaro
you goin fi or carb? its carbed
4wd or 2wd? 4wd
why are you wasting your time with a 305? cause it was dyno'd at 420hp and it was only $300

haha, you wanna take a OBD-II vechicle and swap in a carbed motor in Cali, have fun with that, also i dont care if it makes eggs its a 305

we dont have emissions test here none of my jeeps would pass any ways... and if its not 400hp oh well and i plan on doing the 350 swap later on when i find a nice one for the right price

So why not sell the 305 for a 350? Pretty pointless doing a 305 thats carbed anyways. Do an LS swap, thats way cooler.

yeah, maybe but its dinosaur technology. Yeah, they are better than they used to be but FI really isn't that terrible to get going.

i dont care if it makes eggs its a 305

That's funny!

yeah, maybe but its dinosaur technology. Yeah, they are better than they used to be but FI really isn't that terrible to get going.

FI on an LS is about as easy as it gets.

Seriously, you are going to spend a LOT of time and money to get an XJ with a 305. Save a little longer and do the LS. You will never be disappointed with it.

You've got to agree with what everyone is saying man. I recently did an LS FI swap into a late 80s Chevy. There is a ton of aftermarket companies making FI kits to get you rolling. Some of the most complete go for around $1000. Really not that bad when you think about it. And you wanna know what it replaced? A perfectly running 305. Which made about 1,300 hp if you are still in the market... ;)

I recently did an LS FI swap into a late 80s Chevy. There is a ton of aftermarket companies making FI kits to get you rolling. Some of the most complete go for around $1000.

You don't need an FI kit for an LS motor, its all there already if you have the stock harness and computer. Modify your harness yourself and put the money in your pocket for other stuff.

http://www.lt1swap.com/

Step-by-step instructions, took me two Saturdays taking my sweet time to complete the harness.

If you want the 305 run the 305, Advanced adapters should have what you need to do the swap you can call and they will send you their catalog with everything they have to do the sbf and sbc in a xj. What's right for some may not be right for you.

What's right for some may not be right for you.

Its a 305 , its wrong for everything unless its a concours restoration Camaro......

Not even worth doin in a resto Camaro!

For most its not but if its a numbers matching resto then you kinda have to do it for it to be a numbers matching car.

Back