• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3-4" lift recommendations 2001

EMSJEEP said:
Damn expensive, $2,500+ for a full kit...
Yea but compare what your getting in it to a RE kit with the same stuff added on. Then the price gets allot better. Plus the lifetime warranty. BDS springs flex awesome too. BDS is what I would suggest if he was building a wheeling rig, but for a DD it's to much. I would say the RE super ride would be a better choice for his application. If you want a good riding kit stay away from polly bushings, and hyme joints (the super flex joint is a glorified hyme joint too). The softer the spring rate the better it will ride, but it will feel more floaty. Also if your not going to be hammering on it a H&T SYE would be fine. Watch the back spacing on the wheels too. If they stick to far out you will have rubbing issues. A good tire for a DD that sees a bit of action? Take you pick of just about any all terrine tire out there. I like my BFG KO's, and my ex has a set of Cooper Discoverer ATR's on her ZJ, and she says they are great in the snow, and what little mud she gets in. They seem to be wearing well with it's NP249 too.

Last edited:
Let me ammend that previous question, it seems that the kit comes with 2" front bumpstop and bushings, they just don't seem to be pictured, no rear bumpstops but that seems to be easily fixed or purchased.
The question now is, I utilize my rear bumpstops occasionaly on-road...don't ask, so am I most certainly going to rub if I do the same thing with say 32"'s? I suppose that is a personal question based on backspacing and tire size plus lift but if anyone has experiance that would be nice.

Heres the porc sye writeup just in case this gets searched in the future:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=74749

Rewiev of the porc sye:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=902543&highlight=porc+sye

porc skeptic:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=902712&highlight=porc+sye

looks like a good deal I'll look into it as an option.
Thanks!

I'll throw in another vote for the OME 3" HD lift...full packs in the back, and coils/spacers up front net me just about 4" over stock. Runs 31 TrXus MTs just fine with some minor trimming (raising the stock front flares up about 2", and some cutting off the rear flares at the bottoms). Street ride is great, and weight carrying capability with the HD rear leafs is second to none. RE is a great product though...I don't think you could go wrong with either honestly.

I know most people dont prefer the pro-comp products but I have a 99' and I am running the pro-comp 3" springs with full leafs, JKS discos and RS9000's (IMO pro-comp shocks are junk) and I love it. The ride is much better than stock in my opinion and it handles a load very well. I highly recommend the RS9000's, I bump the rear up 1-2 clicks when im loaded and it works really well for me. Im running the moab wheels with 245/75/16 MTRs and I am very happy with the looks and performance both on and off road. This is just my opinion, what works well for me may not work for what you want to do with the vehicle. It largely depends on your taste, budget and what you are planning to do with the vehicle.

TrueBlueXJ said:
Go Rubicon Express. Ride quality will improve over stock, offroad capabilities will improve, and the parts will last. The 3.5" Super-Ride kit runs a shade over $600 at $605, without shocks, which will add another $2-300, depending on what you want. I know how much it sucks to be on a budget, but I just can't bring myself to reccomend Rough Country to anybody, regardless of how little they have to spend.

Agreed.

Stay away from suck country, far far away. I wish i had been pointed towards this site before i wasted my money. You want re

Last edited:
Give Jason at Jeepinoutfitters a call (972-221-5286). He is the owner of the business and a member of the jeep club down here in Texas. He is a great guy and very knowledgeable, I am sure he could tell you exactly what you need and also give you a couple pointers. If he doesnt have something you need, I have found that he will go out of his way to get it for you. I would rather give my money to a fellow jeeper rather than some big company like 4wheelparts or something like that.

Whats the deal with the new Dana 44's as seen on http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/ ???? Worth anything? Also, am I safe on a max of 32"'s on the 35 ? Locked? Unlocked? In light mud and sand?

Last edited:
I've got the 3" OME kit from Dirk at DPGOffroad as well and love it. I also got the adjustable JKS trackbar, discos and RE Hack N tap SYE. It runs awesome onroad and off,flexes nicely.

When I look at these suspension kits it asks you to choose your axle, I don't see why it should matter, right? I want to upgrade to a 44 at some point if I get the $$ together but I want to do the suspension now. Are these kits actually axel specific at all?
Also, shims...with an SYE kit and all is it necessary?
Anyone have the RE shocks??

Ah! Very good, so that is easily upgradeable...
Anyone use shims? Anyone?
TY

Rubicon Express no good for me !!!!!
After having just installed a 3 inch plus lift it rides like a cement truck and the rear is now 3 inches higher than the front so it looks like a doorstop !
Also knocked out the rear joints in 10 miles.
So for now it will just sit until the Ruby guys tell me what they will do about it ,what a joke!
I would not recommend it for anything unless you want to ruin youre ride.

Low Range, you must have done something wrong because I have had my RE3.5 superflex for over a year and haven't had a problem. I will admit it rides a little stiffer, but most lifted rides do. If you only have 10 miles on your lift your leaf springs aren't even broke in yet, that is why it rides like it does and why it is high in the rear. Mine is starting to soften up. The more your flex it the quicker it will break in. If you put some weight in the back it will help them break in faster, but for you to have only 10 miles on your lift and trash RE isn't right. I don't think you will find to many people on here that will trash RE like you have. I love the RE 3.5 lift I have on my Jeep, it flexes great and I think it looks great!
aug15005.jpg

Yeah 4 degree shims work awesome for my jeep, your jeep who knows. Theres threads galore that will tell you multiple ways to find out what degree shim is right for you.

Oh, sweet jeep Semper Fi!

Semper Fi , Nice looking rig, No ,i did not do anything wrong,i have had jeeps all my life,well,for at least 35 years now and have -Never- had to let springs settle and also have the rear be up 3 inches taller.
Talked to Ruby Ex again today and was told that the company that makes them for them is most likely adding a little to much arch,also i might add some weight to the rear? How much i ask ? Well i dont know they said !
Me and my buddy sat in the rear ,at least 400 pounds i figure,it went down less than 1 inch ! And no,the spring bolts are not to tight,ubder 35 pounds at the moment in fact

The next suggestion was to trade the leaf packs for ad a leafs,or try removing the shocks ? Not exactly what i ordered dont you know?

Putting weight in the back ,etc. is not the way springs are to be designed,on my jeeping jeeps ,i have never had a problem,in fact they ride like Cadillacs,on and off the road.
You can let youre soften up some more and maybe one of these years you will enjoy driving it,i notice that youre sits fairly level,mine in fact sits like a doorstop as the place i bought them from says and also Ruby Ex. in other words its not normal!

Before you trash talk me about the 1,100 bucks i just spent for crap maybe yoy should open youre mind a little. The reason i have driven 10 miles is because the driveline will not take it as the rep told me,so what should i do ,waste the transfer case,bearings,joints etc. ?

I am going to send the guy at the place i bought it a round trip plane ticket just to come take a ride and some pics.
Damn right i am going to trash talk Ruby Ex as i have a right to ,take off the shocks,trade for a add a leaf,put some weight in the back?how much / for how long ?
Be real dude,you aint talking to the paper boy.
With all due respect,,,,,,,Low Range

2000xjb.jpg

i'm running the RE 3.5 SR with RE twin tube shocks (they came with the lift). after it breaks in the ride does improve, but those first 50 or so miles, i agree, are pretty rough. IMO it rides better now than it did with the clapped out factory shocks and stock suspension.

Back