• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2nd row bucket seats. f the bench

XJhabitat said:
i done it.. got one from a 2 door so it folds forward if i need to fit somthing. theres plenty of head room and enouf leg room as long as your not 6'5
In working with both seats, did they look like they had the same mounts on the bottom? Just wondering if two door fronts would bolt in to replace non flip-forward seats for a new interior idea in my rig.

XJhabitat said:
i done it.. got one from a 2 door so it folds forward if i need to fit somthing. theres plenty of head room and enouf leg room as long as your not 6'5

buckets1mf3.jpg

buckets2xu0.jpg

buckets3jb4.jpg">
How did you mount these?

Looks great!

done it and undone it. not enough room for anything. i did have a full center console (factory jeep) it all worked really good except the room part.

176300_70_full.jpg

this is the first cut of a console, i had another grey one waiting. i didnt care about the brown and just wanted to see if it would work.

176300_69_full.jpg

hpi_jeep said:
done it and undone it. not enough room for anything. i did have a full center console (factory jeep) it all worked really good except the room part.

176300_70_full.jpg

That looks like there is no leg room? Is that true or is it just the picture?

nhrocker said:
In working with both seats, did they look like they had the same mounts on the bottom? Just wondering if two door fronts would bolt in to replace non flip-forward seats for a new interior idea in my rig.

i really dont remember i just took the grinder and went to work but you could allways just drill a couple more holes right?

i mounted them by ripping off the brace on the bottom and leaving the track and putting 2 bolts down thru the track into the thing comming up from the floor i'll just let you see the picture. i didnt mounts the back of the seats down yet cuz i dont know what to do yet and im lazy. no ones ever complained about the leg room and if they do i dont care cuz it looks cool

31ie.jpg

ive contiplated this and heres a tought ; for the guy wanting the bench . if you look at the bench set form (i believe )master craft's bench for a tj/yj has a rased pedistool in the front and none in the rear .so.. if you cut the raised section that the old bottom bench rested on it would proubly work just fine ! the same could be applied to a bucket , just cut and fould the raised section on the pan and trim your rear brackets .

Back