• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2nd 4x4 (soccer mom SUV) opinion

well, get the rainbow stickers out for what I say next.

I am a hair away from buying a subaru outback XT (turbo) wagon for my DD. just under 9" of ground clearance, 5.9 0-60, decent sized cargo hold. I drive over to Reno for work and I don't want to deal with chain control and i will not drive a big SUV.

SeanP

deadmeat said:
Oxygen senors 400 dollars a piece times 4. Go with the nissan

are you talking about the Subie? The use standard BOSCH O2 sensors available at Vato Zone for $59-69 a piece. If you paid $400 a piece for the dealer to change yours, sounds like DFO problem.

SeanP said:
well, get the rainbow stickers out for what I say next.

Better double that order; I'm about to add to it.

Subaru B9 Tribeca. Stupid name, but a really competent crossover vehicle. Got to play with one a few months ago and was very impressed. Excellent handling, decent off-pavement (though by no means a Jeep), and well-built with good cargo room. I actually like the looks, and think it makes more sense than the SUVs people seem to be hung up on buying. I'll second the Outback as well; haven't driven the new one yet, but if it's anything like the previous model it should be excellent.

SeanP said:
are you talking about the Subie? The use standard BOSCH O2 sensors available at Vato Zone for $59-69 a piece. If you paid $400 a piece for the dealer to change yours, sounds like DFO problem.

no for certain toyota they acctually do cost 400 a piece
-your local vato zone manager lol-

sorry i was under my husbands name
-deadmeat-
we need another computer lol

i know ill be persecuted for this.we just bought a kia sorento for my wife and it does every thing its suposed to do and is not that bad looking.plus it comes with a 100,000 mile warranty and is equiped with side impact air bags,and was less than 18,000 bucks.gets good milage and works well in the snow,I only have two kiddies and wont be having any more.it might not be big enough for your clan but thought i would throw my two cents in

Well this is what we got. It is pretty nice and we got a good deal on it. It was used with only 3600 miles on it. It has some bells and whistles that are not on my G. I am really impressed with it. Hmmm maybe I will trade my wife.

3c82.jpg

89be.jpg

MyJeepXJ said:
My vote is Commander...
We thought seriously about getting a Commander but after driving one we didn't really like it. There are way too many blind spots and sure it can fit 7 people (if at least two are small children) but there is no room for "stuff" if you do that. It appeared that the cargo room if the rear seats were folded down would be similar (maybe even less??) than the WK. Meaning that 5 people and their stuff would fit just as well in the Grand as they would in the Commander. So we go tthe WK and are happy with it.

Back