• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

242 Hack n tap

If I were you I would just find a good stock steering setup. Or if ya go to the junkyard find a grand cherokee zj with a v8 and steal the steering from it. Since those lower control arms look newer I would say the bushings are fine. As well at the track bar bushing. First make sure everything is tight though. That trackbar bracket had a lot of wiggle/play in it.

Ive been doing a lil bit of research and was wondering if I should taper the rear pinion angle as well as get rid of my lift blocks? If so, replace with shackles or what?

ditch lift blocks shackles will help...get longer than you need...if ya need 1.5" get 2" shackles....
shimming the axle to get good angle depends on if it needs it or not...how is the pinion angle?

pinion angle is crap... It is pointing nowhere near the t case. But he has a drop on it. His leafs are bowed too so keep that in mind. I say junkyard bastard pack!

ya fix the issues...with good leafs you may eliminate the need for the blocks...
get rid of the tcase drop...
fix pinion angle accordingly

check rough country or some place like that, they have shackles with multiple holes for different lift heights, and they are usually cheap,
that will allow you to ditch the blocks..
now look at your pinion angle and shim accordingly

then get rid of the tcase dop, if ya cant get an SYE setup, then you can run a drop if ya need but limit the drop to as little of a drop as possible....

Back