• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2008 Grand Cherokee power seats into a 1997 XJ with manual seats

Thanks XJcoupe. WOW! The ole BFH technique seems to have dropped yout seatd a full couple inches! They look real comfortable. I know I'm gonna have to bust mine out tonight to the rear seat mount at a decent level to match the front. I measured a full 5 inches or clearance in the area I need to 'finesse'. Don't think I'll need that much though!

as you can see ,i too had to remake the drivers side again, and had to fab up drop brackets like you mentioned and cut the top half off the XJ foot brackets, and welded them back on the new cross members, i found that the seats dont move back far, but are perfict moving ahead, the front of the seat hits the dash, works for me, cause my XJ is only a 2 door, and im only 5-4, with a clutch. you mite want to re-ajust your floor mounts, cause the xj mounts wont let your seat go back far enough, cause i think ya said your over 6 feet tall

XJcoupe, gotcha beat now! I need to go for 3 bracket adjustments! I thought I had it whooped last night. When I got everything installed, it's still too dang tall. I said 'screw it' and drove it to work today and my head tickled the roof the whole way.

I've got some room in the rear brackets to drop it another inch. This won't lower the whole seat, but it will lower the 'butt' part. This should give me almost a linear drop in overall head position when I'm in the seat. I can live with 1" to my head. If I get real ambitious, I'll mount my new brackets on the bottom of my crossbrace and that will give me another 1/2" - that all depends on how much work that extra 1/2" will be....

If this doesn't work, then I will need to develop drop brackets and modify my stock mounting feet as XJ suggests - I would probably have done this from the start, but my weld is fubar right now and I don't feel like trying to fix it :)

Heading up north this weekend so I need to get this thing together tonight by 8!!

The seats are VERY comfortable though!

Back