• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 - 1 Ton leaf sprung xj

RCP Fab

NAXJA Forum User
Unfortunately things have changed in my life and I need to sell the jeep to find something more gas friendly.

There are a lot of pics of the build here: https://picasaweb.google.com/109591...&authkey=Gv1sRgCMrI17_TweywBg&feat=directlink

I am going to try to recap everything here:

2001 xj, 4 door, 210,000 miles.

Engine:
Coil rail delete
WJ power steering upgrade
Alternator relocation
93 cylinder head
Installed about 10,000 miles ago

Trans:
93 AW4 (jeep was 2wd stock)
Fully manual with Hurst shifter, shift pattern is P - R - N - 3/4 - 2 - 1
3/4 and Torque converter lock up are switched on the dash

Drive line:
Chevy low pinion King pin 60 front. Fully rebuilt except for carrier bearings and gears. 4.10's open diff
Chevy 14 bolt rear Fully rebuilt except for carrier bearings and gears. 4.10's spooled.
Dana 300 transfer case, all new seals.
Heavy duty cross member.

Suspension:
Approximately 5" of lift
XJ springs rear
YJ springs front
Rancho shocks front, stock LJ shocks rear.
Flex joint shackle relocation brackets

Brakes:
Brand new brakes front and rear, 1 ton chevy fronts, 3/4 ton chevy front discs in the rear.

Other:
Fully tig welded front crossmember/steering box stiffener.
Rear bumper ties fully into hitch brackets, has hitch and 2 d ring tabs
Tube fenders
No major body damage, almost no rust anywhere.
New starter
Has been a daily driver for 3 years, built since November with no real issues.

Things it needs:
Unibody is not plated, my plan was to use angle iron on the inside from the front spring's rear hangers forward, and ruff stuff's on the outside. If the price is right I will weld up the angle iron before it is sold.
Steering needs to be upgraded before it is wheeled hard, the original 1980's 60 tie rod is being used.
Front springs could use new bushings, they are starting to squeak
Drive shafts are not balanced, but runs down the highway at 75 pretty well.

Tire clearance is good for 37's-38's. It has 32" all terrains with about 40% tread right now.

Asking $4200 OBO, very much willing to negotiate and/or trade for a car.

Cash talks right now, all resonable offers with MONEY IN HAND will be considered.

IMAG0159.jpg
IMAG0160.jpg
IMAG0161.jpg
IMAG0162.jpg
IMAG0163.jpg
IMAG0164.jpg
IMAG0165.jpg
IMAG0166.jpg
IMAG0167.jpg
IMAG0168.jpg
IMAG0169.jpg
IMAG0170.jpg
IMAG0171.jpg
IMAG0172.jpg

Wow man, sorry to see you're selling this. Was watching the build on Pirate, awesome work. If I didn't sorta have a thing personally against buying a built Jeep, I would be seriously considering this.

Yeah, it sucks but sometimes things just have to go. With a newly extended drive to my part time job gas is killing me.

If you end up changing your mind let me know, hell even shoot me a low ball offer. I have someone interested early next week for just a little less than I want to take for it.

I have a pending offer for a trade + some cash Tuesday.

I can go as low as $2800, with stock lights. $2900 with the smoked ones and stock ones as spares.

Prices are my bottom dollar, I will not take less.

I think the jeep is going on a vacation to my buddy's house. Will help me out with the money, and let me use the jeep when I want.

Back