• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ with NV3550!

Magic Bus

NAXJA Forum User
Well, unfortunately I need to let the XJ go. It's a great Jeep and pretty much the best drivetrain you could get in my opinion. It's got the 4.0L inline 6, the NV3550 5 spd tranny (the only year this was used), NP231, Dana 30 front, Chrysler rear. It has the optional classic rims and new BFG ATs 235/75R15 with only a couple thousand miles on them. I also have a set of 215/75R15 studded snow tires that go with it. It has only spent one winter in Maine, and the rest of the time in the southeast. Additionally it has power windows, locks, mirrors, CD player, keyless entry, etc. It's a fully loaded sport with a 5 spd. The perfect XJ. It would make an awesome trail Jeep with the NV3550. That was my plan, but I really need a diesel truck right now. It only has 41k miles and I've maintained it very well. It is currently in Brunswick, Maine but I will be driving home from school to Atlanta, Georgia just before Christmas so I can help out with delivery on the way if you like. It's got the normal wear and tear, but no significant body damage. Just a couple door dings like on all 4 year old Jeeps. Price is $12,800 or best reasonable offer.

Here are some pics:

XJ001.jpg

XJ002.jpg

XJ005.jpg

XJ006.jpg

Thanks,
Will

Rob, that's odd. The pics were still working for me. Maybe the host is on the blink. Anyway, I'll email you a couple pics in a minute. As far as major accidents and problems, it has never had a major accident or problem. Couple nicks and door dings since it's several years old though.

Will

If only I had the money to buy it, I would take it in a second. College is too expensive though. :mad:

Yeah, I hear that. I'm a college student myself and can't afford to keep it and get the truck that I need. Hopefully someone will take it off my hands, because I need the money.

Will

It sounds like a pretty nice XJ but I just looked up on Kelley Blue Book for the private party value. I used my zip code and got a value of $8160. You might want to adjust your price unless that's what you owe.

I don't owe anything on it, so I'm not going to give it away. My asking price is very fair considering the cost of similar XJs in the area and the fact that it has a NV3550 5 spd, which is very uncommon. It also has about 50% less miles on it than the average 2000. I checked on Edmunds and 8,100 isn't even wholesale.

Thanks,
Will

Magic Bus said:
I don't owe anything on it, so I'm not going to give it away. My asking price is very fair considering the cost of similar XJs in the area and the fact that it has a NV3550 5 spd, which is very uncommon. It also has about 50% less miles on it than the average 2000. I checked on Edmunds and 8,100 isn't even wholesale.

My Kelley Blue Book search says $9405 for zip 35473, for Private Party Value.
that would be a tempting price...... :)
Trade in was only $7575....that's even more tempting
Retail was $12,115....ick

Last edited:
Back