• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ Mogs, 43's, cage, doubler, full hydro, beadlocks build

Nice rig.

Seems you have a lot of Pirate followers over here as well (myself included).

Love what you've done with it :thumbup:

No kidding, definately didn't know that, thanks for all the compiments, I've got a ton of work tied up in this. Working out the rear steer now, gotta stretch it another 3" and get the spool valve and it will be ready

Is your fuel tank ratchet strapped down?

7a12693a.jpg

If it eases your mind any it is now strapped under a stand that holds the cooler and ammo boxes full of spares and tools

Jeep still works great though I can break the suckdown cable on demand.

When I had mine set up like that, I ended up respooling it with 5/16 cable. You have to drill out the little spot on the drum for the cable to fit through, and then I put a little blob of weld on the end of the cable to keep it from pulling back out.

Worked great until the drum cracked in half.

How did the doubler instal go? Did you have to clock the 231? Are you running the 300 flipped? Did you need to clearance the floor pan? How is the 231 shifted?

This is one of my dream toys:
800px-UNIMOG_excavator.jpg

They gotta be getting phased out soon. The cheapest I found one was $11k.

I've been watching government liquidation but haven't seen one yet.

QUOTE] on on ebay right now, $22.5K, no doubt bought at auction and marked up.

Bad ass XJ, BTW.

How did the doubler instal go? Did you have to clock the 231? Are you running the 300 flipped? Did you need to clearance the floor pan? How is the 231 shifted?

231 is flipped exactly 180 degrees, 3 hundy is flipped and completely flat. Entire combo sits up higher than stock. 300 is twin sticked with northwestfab.com cable shifters. With 231 flipped the shifter points up and I made a shifter and welded the stock shifter handle to it. You only need to hit 4l-N-4h so there is no need to make the shifter go all the way to the 2wd position. Yes I cut holes in the floor but it is as flat and as high as you could get the combo and I don't care about cutting it. Any other questions guys just ask, I went though major headaches makin this thing and am more than willing to save y'all some grief.
724d2628.jpg

d9611dc5.jpg

And the 231 shifter
952dd80c.jpg

Back