• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ - Daily Driver/Expedition Build

The rack is someone elses....

I know, I feel the regret already even thinking about it... but everything has a price I guess. Its kind of what I do.. buy something, build it, sell it and move on..we'll see.

I like the look of the front bumper, it would good on my red jeep!

ProtoFab Rock Rails

I called up Mike from ProtoFab and had to beg them to make me a set since he told they had stopped doing so.. After waiting over a month they finally showed up and they are awesome. I can't believe more people didn't buy into them.. the mounting system is the best I've seen out there IMO.

IMG_06852_zps7mxtgyz1.jpg

IMG_06862_zpshxgywn1v.jpg

IMG_06902_zpss6w5ygah.jpg

All mounted up.. Have frame stiffeners really gave the feet something to bit into..
IMG_06962_zpsddjmazvq.jpg

I used some rubberized grip tape for traction.
IMG_06992_zpsqbvbkszn.jpg

IMG_07002_zpsfwlmbpow.jpg

IMG_07062_zpsdiqgbbig.jpg

Just wondering if you ever did anything with the rear bumpstops...you had mentioned you were thinking you should increase your uptravel. Specifically, you were thinking about trimming the daystar stops, if so how did that go?. I'm thinking about doing the same thing with my MJ bumpstops.

Also, what fender flares are those in the picture?

Just wondering if you ever did anything with the rear bumpstops...you had mentioned you were thinking you should increase your uptravel. Specifically, you were thinking about trimming the daystar stops, if so how did that go?. I'm thinking about doing the same thing with my MJ bumpstops.

Also, what fender flares are those in the picture?

I did not do anything with them.. I did go to 33" tires so I don't think I need to trim them up.

They are bushwacker flats.

Looks good. I like the idea of those sliders. makes sense. I take it that the tube that goes to the frame is one of those deals that you line up where it needs to be on the outer, and drill holes for through bolts or weld to the frame plate apparatus?

Looks good. I like the idea of those sliders. makes sense. I take it that the tube that goes to the frame is one of those deals that you line up where it needs to be on the outer, and drill holes for through bolts or weld to the frame plate apparatus?

It's bolted to the rail that bolts to the pinch seam. The tubes fall where they may on the frame rail and drilled and bolted on. I opted not to weld anything.

WOW - this XJ is SICK!!! Great build!

Back