• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 Cherokee Sport Part-Out

K5Matt

NAXJA Forum User
Picked up a wrecked 2000 xj today. 168k, 4.0L, 231, d30/8.25. Has factory skidplates(front, transfer case, gas tank). Front skidplate is probably pretty bent but might be usable.

I *think* the front axle is ok, but not 100% sure. Hard to tell with the bumper and skidplate in the way.

Left side doors may or may not be tweeked...hard to tell.

Tires are about 50% tread.

The timing chain cover has a small hole in it too, but the motor spins free. Haven't fired it up yet. Motor is complete except for the power steering pump is broken.

Interior is in pretty good shape.

Let me know what you need.

Oh and the center console latch is unbroken. Will take $100 for it.:roflmao:

IMG-20150522-00286_zpssdhcpsb7.jpg

IMG-20150522-00287_zps66xgicdz.jpg

IMG-20150522-00288_zpsdljtnnog.jpg

IMG-20150522-00289_zpsiynxkemp.jpg

IMG-20150522-00290_zpsnldvne3i.jpg

IMG-20150522-00291_zpshu4elxur.jpg

IMG-20150522-00292_zpscfqztonc.jpg

IMG-20150522-00285_zpsezjzbo7m.jpg

^mechanical fan impaled into the radiator^

Got it running and it runs well. No evidence of typical 0331 head issues either.

Next in line for gas tank skid plate. I could pick up at Redbird next weekend.

I *think* there's two 02 sensors. But I will confirm when I get back from wheeling.

Bit of an update...

PMs have been sent to all interested parties.

Wheels and tires have been sold.

Bit of an update on the part out before I continue the part out on CraigsList.

Sold the following: wheels and tires, hatch, intake manifold, and gas tank skid.
Keeping the RF fender too.

Since the intake has been sold and the left side motor mount has been ripped out of the block resulting in some moderate damage to that part of the block, I am willing to part out the engine too. So the head, coil rail, etc etc are all up for grabs. This engine did run and had good oil pressure too.

Also, I'm almost positive the front skidplate is bent badly and not usable.

Let me know what you need!

D30 axle shafts?

Interested in the front seat cross members where the front of the seat attaches if they aren't rusted hulks. Pics would be great. Thanks.

D30 axle shafts?

I will check on these items tomorrow.

Did some poking around the front axle, and I think the housing is bent slightly but the shafts should be ok. I will PM both of you tomorrow.

Sold more stuff.

RF and RR door cards
RF mirror
rear seatbelts
rear trim pieces
rear view mirror

Back