• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2" Suspension: Rancho RS66000 vs BDS 428H vs Rusty's RK-200AL-XJ

jae-hova

NAXJA Forum User
I just picked up a 95 XJ with 55K miles in pristine condition. Ive never owned or lifted a jeep, but from what ive been reading 2" is the way to go if I want to avoid any problems or having to add a SYE and swap the CV Shaft. I dont want to do a budget boost, I want to add a suspension lift. Please let me know if you have had any good or bad experience with the following lifts. Everyone seems to agree that OME makes the best suspension lift, but its a little out of my budget if I wanna add rims and tires as well. Also, the BDS and Rusty's come with shocks (which I assume are junk) but the Rancho doesnt. What shocks would you recommend. This is going to be a DD that I will use to haul a toddler and a baby and will occasionally get some trail time.

Rancho RS 66000 vs BDS 428H vs Rusty's RK-200AL-XJ

thanks

For only a 2" lift I'd suggest ordering coil springs and full leaf packs separately and then order a set of Bilstein 5100's for shocks. You'll still be right around the price of the BDS lift, you'll have good shocks and full leaf packs that will last.

For only a 2" lift I'd suggest ordering coil springs and full leaf packs separately and then order a set of Bilstein 5100's for shocks. You'll still be right around the price of the BDS lift, you'll have good shocks and full leaf packs that will last.

Are 5100's too extreme for a daily driver? would you suggest 4600's or something else???

just out of curiosity is there a reason you suggest the Superlift coils and Skyjacker leafs?

Also, would is it a good idea to replace the upper and lower control arms? Is there anything else i would need to add, replace, or modify???

Will the backspacing on my wheels matter and how would if figure that out if i go this route?

thanks again

OME 934 Coils up front, Maybe OME leafs in the rear, or bastard pack.
OME Nitro Sport or Bilstein 5100 shocks.
And since you are on a budget, I recommend fixed LCA and adjustable UCA. Unless you find a deal on a full set of adjustable CA's.
Steering, ZJ V8 tie rod at a minimum. Prothane bumpstops.
Etc.
If you get aftermarket wheels, 3.5-4" BS 7" wide. Anything over 30"tires will hit your MPG pretty good.

I did a 2" lift, then when to 3, now I'm at 4.5. And I daily drive mine everywhere w/o any issues. I would not even mess with a 2" lift honestly.

Go with a 3" lift, 30x9.5 tires and the 5100 shocks. I run them an am very happy.

Back