• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 Person Tent

if it rains i will sleep in the Jeep:D I understand where you are coming from but i only use a tent a few times a year

Good call on going bigger.
Two person tents really aren't.
I love my Marmot Equinox but two people?
Riiiiiiiight

DrMoab said:
All you have to do is walk into an REI to see what their politics are like.

Locally the 4wd clubs are pretty vocal about them and they are pretty much on any locals DO NOT SHOP black list.
I'm glad I bought my REI "Half Dome" before the Jeep.

This doesn't mean I should toss it now, does it?:huh:
I use it to store stuff while sleeping in my XJ.
A queen air mattress fits beautifully,
and if it gets too cold I have a heater.:party:

I have a north face 2 person and I've done that once before and it sucked. It's a great backpacking tent for one. and it's kind of a pain to get in and out of because the door is on the one end that your head would sleep at and your feet side is narrow. For two people you won't have any room for any of your gear. Has a good rian fly for that but crawling over your gear and out the rain fly can suck. always go one more person size bigger than you ever plan to sleep with. Even with just the dog and I it's a tight fit.

IntrepidXJ said:
that's what i thought....until it fell apart and started leaking badly in rain. then i realized it is worth it to invest in a quality tent if you are going to be using it frequently

werd

I attempted to go camping last weekend at Hungry Valley. I had some friends coming with myself and the girlfriend, so I brought my old Greatland 5 person tent. Everyone flaked, and I should have changed to my REI Half Dome.. but I stupidly did not.

Got up to Gorman to high winds, and one of the tent poles on the Greatland snapped. I went home.

Harlee&Tahoe said:
I'm glad I bought my REI "Half Dome" before the Jeep.

This doesn't mean I should toss it now, does it?:huh:
I use it to store stuff while sleeping in my XJ.
A queen air mattress fits beautifully,
and if it gets too cold I have a heater.:party:

Yeah, I got my first REI tent when I was 12 years old and a boy scout. I guess I should throw it away because the company is run by evil greenies.

My wife and I have an REI Clipper. It is a great tent that we use when hiking and backpacking for multiple days. It is light weight and compact so it does not take up much room. Probably one of the best tents I have ever owned. There are many simular designs to that tent.

I don't think they make the REI Clipper anymore but a tent that is pretty much the same is the North FAce Tadpole 23 tent.

1239367.jpg

1239392.jpg

http://www.infinity-outdoor.com/Ptarmigan3.html

Asolo Ptarmigan3 it's a "3 person" tent meaning 2 people with gear very comfortable.
It's a 4 season tent so it doesn't leak, didn't have any trouble last summer when it rained all weekend long on a wheeling trip.

Back