• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.5L engine & trans + lots of ZJ parts for sale (1997)

Ranger Rick

NAXJA Forum User
Hello fellow NAXJA members,

I am selling the 2.5L powertrain out of my 1997 TJ Wrangler since I am doing a Magnum V8 swap and I know the engine will fit some XJ Cherokees that came with the 4 cylinder. It has 131K on it, I drove the Jeep home under it's own power from where I bought it some 100 miles give or take on freeway and surface streets. It made good oil pressure and no odd noises except for a loud exhaust leak at the manifold and header pipe. I am selling for $350 AS-IS complete with all accessories and the attached transmission as a rebuildable core since I don't know if there is anything wrong with it or if it was maintained properly by former owners. I bought the Jeep running & driving ON THE CHEAP to replace my XJ's I had with the intent to do a Magnum V8 swap. I never even changed the oils or ran it after I parked it. It has been sitting about a year and I finally pulled it out from between the TJ frame rails a couple weeks ago. What is included is the following:
Engine includes alternator & bracket, power steering pump included, fan included, fan belt included, water pump included, valve cover included, injectors and sensors all included, air intake plenum resonator portion included, flex plate included, torque converter included, 30RH 3 speed transmission included (has 23 spline output), starter included, oil pan included, intake & exhaust manifolds included, throttle body included.
Transmission is mounted to the engine and is sitting on a furniture dolly ready to load into your pickup. $350 come get it!

I will have lots of ZJ Grand Cherokee parts available too so if you need body or interior parts on a 1996-1998 ZJ Grand, I may have that too.

Rick

Back