• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1998 Cherokee XJ Sport with tons on mods!

TheBeeGuy

NAXJA Forum User
1998 Jeep Cherokee for sale with extensive modifications. 4.0 6 cyl, Automatic trans with 4x4. 160k miles Clean title, 15k on rebuilt motor, engine does not leak 1 bit of oil!

Power everything, A/C still blows ice cold!

This truck still runs great and has plenty of power. I used this for over a year as a daily driver and the occasional weekend offroading and camping trips. I am selling this because I really have no use for it anymore. Ever since I bought a commuter car for work, this has just been parked in my garage, all work and no time for play anymore. My girlfriend also hates it because she cant get into it (sucks for her!). I am in absolutely no rush to sell this truck, so if I don't get my asking price, I am keeping it. The asking price is more than fair, considering you would pay thousands more to build this truck from stock in labor. 99% of the parts on this truck were bought brand new and I have pictures to prove it. I bought this truck completely stock and built it from the ground up. I'm sure I may have missed a few parts on the list below, there is simply too many things for me to list off the top of my head but here it goes:

Suspension:
RC 6.5 inch Long Arm lift kit which includes:
RC Front and rear shocks
RC front sway bar disconnects
RC Dropped pitman arm
RC Extended shackles
RC HD steering stabilizer
RC adjustable track bar
HD Offroad Engineering rear shackle relocation kit
Currie HD Tie rods and drag link
Detours rear shock relocation drop brackets
Brand new Spicer front balljoints
15" Black Streetlock wheels
33" BFG KM2 Mud Terrains, will also come with brand full size 33" BFG KM2 matching spare tire and wheel.
All brand new Gorilla lugnuts
Best of all, NO DEATH WOBBLE!

Drivetrain:
Dana 30 front axle
Chrysler 8.25 Rear axle
Aussie front locker
Spartan rear locker
Yukon HD 4.56 gears (Front and rear diffs done by Robert at Rwkhaus)
Tom Woods Custom CV rear driveshaft, newly rebuilt with brand new u-joints and double cardan joint and balanced
231 Transfer case
B&M Transmission cooler
JBC Slip yoke eliminator
Brand new transfer case chain
Rear disc brake conversion
Grand Cherokee brake proportioning valve
Front and rear steel braided extended brake lines

Engine:
4.0 Straight 6 cylinder
15k miles on rebuilt engine with all new seals, new water pump, new timing chain and guide, etc.
Melling HD oil pump
Aftermarket stainless header with flex joints
Dynomax side exit exhaust running straight pipe (Cat and o2 will also come with the truck)
Aftermarket intake
All new plugs, cap, rotor, ignition coil, and wires
New motor mounts
New serpentine belt
Gel cell deep cycle battery

Electronics:
Pioneer double din head unit, with USB/iPod interface
2 12" Alpine Type R subwoofers in slot ported enclosure (loud enough to flex my roof and windows, seriously)
HiFonics 1000watt RMS Monoblock Class D amplifier with remote bass control
Alpine Type R Component speakers
Kicker 850.4 competition 4 channel amplifier (this thing is huge!)
Complete 4ga. wiring to both amps
JL AUdio high quality RCA cables (not that cheap Ebay crap)
Cobra 29 classic CB radio with ALL features (Weather channel, Emergency channels, glow in the dark controls, etc.)
Firestick antenna with spring mount and high quality Coax
EB Shorty antenna
Clifford 50.7X 2 Way alarm with remote start
Clifford GPS anti theft tracking system (WAY WAY WAY better than LoJack. This system can be controlled from your computer, or anything with internet access, like your smart phone. You can disable the vehicle, lock and unlock doors, track every single movement, set it to text message, call, and email you when your alarm goes off, battery is disconnected, or if the vehicle is moved out of a perimeter that you define. You can also pinpoint its location anywhere anytime. You can also set it to alert you when the vehicle is driving past a certain speed, and even if it gets close to a state or country border crossing. If anyone steals this truck from your driveway, you WILL find them, period.)
Hidden backup battery system for security system

Body:
Protofab winch bumper
Ramsey REP9000 winch with roller fairlead and remote
Detours USA Tailbone swing out tire carrier (just put on about 2 weeks ago!)
Smittybilt front towhooks
Drawtite rear tow hitch
Smittybilt rear receiver D-ring shackle
Trimmed front fenders
Cut and folded rear quarter panels
HD Frame tie in brackets for front bumper
HD Steering box bracket
Surco Roof rack
Bed lined lower 1/4 of doors and quarter panels

Lighting:
H4 Conversion headlight housings
HID Headlights
9" HID driving lights
Cleared front turn signals and side markers with LED conversion
Full LED interior lighting conversion (Gauge cluster, climate controls, dome lights, map lights, foot lights, 4x4 selector lights, shifter lights)
GoLight motorized roof mounted spotlight (Has joystick inside cabin that controls light movement, 360 degrees, up and down)

Misc:
Xtreme HiLift offroad jack with 4X rear bumper mount brackets and lock
Utility seat covers with tons of side and back storage pockets
Military ammunition containers full of backup parts and equipment that I keep in the back of the truck for offroading.
A bunch of spare parts for the truck in my garage
All weather floormats
Converted interior panels to dark charcoal from a 2001 Cherokee

Asking price is $11000
or $10000 without both Amplifiers and sub woofers. I can also remove a few other things too to lower the cost, let me know!

(9o9) 3 3 1 - 7 8 5 Seven

230053_2075031798153_1315681924_2426966_5609827_n.jpg

281302_2337840408204_1315681924_2727782_6809931_n.jpg

223059_2337840208199_1315681924_2727781_2217630_n.jpg

254637_2369820087676_1315681924_2775775_3121082_n.jpg

200590_1956929285664_1315681924_2268725_4156780_n.jpg

197251_1956929485669_1315681924_2268726_4230091_n.jpg

216705_2014971416681_1315681924_2341390_1264983_n.jpg

Last edited:
NEW PRICE: $8300 o.b.o.
This price is WITHOUT the 2 amplifiers and the sub woofers. You'll just need a 4 channel amplifier for the Component speakers and you'll be all set.

I can also lower the price to $7800 if you want me to remove the alarm and GPS tracking system.

Decided not to sell it. I cant let this thing go :cry:

I'll just have to save a little longer for the WRX :viking:

I just wrecked my Kia a couple days ago and I'm in a little Impreza hatchback rental right now. They are sweet little cars. It's not the STI but it still has a TON of power. Definately will be buying one if they salvage out my Kia. Waiting on the call this morning to get the status. I'm almost hopeful they will salvage it out so I can buy one of these.

Back