• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1997 XJ for sale

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
The time has come.... I haven't wheeled it in a while and it just stands parked and I keep paying insurance and registration on it.

Those of you who have seen it - it is not the prettiest rig from the outside. It has some dents in the panels and it is herculined. But the beauty is in how it's built. It also has all the creature comforts - all power, cruise control - real cold AC.

97 XJ with 6" short arm (adjustable) RE suspension with a full leaf pack in the rear (no AAL). Front 5150 shocks, rear Rancho RSX.
Full cage inside - it is well built and it is also removable as one piece (A pillar and B pillar legs remove and it unbolts at the bottom at the D pillar.

There is a front exo - protects the engine bay - tied into the bumper, rock rails and the roof rack. Roof has side rails protecting it against those moments when you lean too much in either direction.

AC is really cold blowing - fully rebuilt just over a year ago - new compressor, condenser, etc.

Engine was replaced 10K miles ago - I put in a Mopar Crate engine that I picked up - it had 40K miles on it.

Drive train - 4.0 with AX15 manual transmission and 231 that has 4:1 and a 2low kit installed. Front D30 with Detroit and 4.88's, read D44 with Detroit, 4.88's and disc brakes.

Custom - steering - all heims.

Jeep has never failed me- I always made it back under my own power. It ran Rubicon twice (or is it three times?) Multiple trips to Moab - I ran pretty much everything out there... though I will admit - Britney Spears cost me a steering gear which I had to replace.

tires - 35" BFG MT's with 75%+ thread on them on weld on bead locks. They are 15" rims.

The bad? Looks like it will need a new battery as I don't drive it and well.... being parked... battery's die :(

Front and rear bumpers - not the prettiest but they will take nearly anything you will throw at them. Rear bumper is tow worthy - it's reinforced through the full length of a frame rail just like a hitch is (it's actually built around a hitch that was raised and installed into the frame rails) Rear bumper has a swivel A frame tire mount (swings into either direction) that ties into the roof rack.

Frame rails are reinforced with 1/8" L shaped steel stiffener that was molded to fit the frame rail

Rock rails - 3/16" steel installed into the frame rail and into the pinch seam.

So what you get is a road worthy rig with all the comforts (btw, driver has a 5 point harness seat installed). It will take you to the trail and you will get back from it.

What else does it have? snorkel with a Range Rover canister filter, inside is all poly lined on top of thermal paint, rear seat comes with two options - full bench or a split where you get a seat for passenger side only and the driver side rear has cargo room, in the cargo area you have a shelf which allows you to stack heavy loads on top.

Optional gear - winch Warn M8000 - $300 with synthetic rope - in cab winch controls
Kenwood dual band HAM radio 2m/70cm with a remote head installed up by the drive - $400

What am I looking for? I'm looking for $10K. I'm also open a trade for a small popup trailer + cash - has to be in good condition, recent model.

Jeep is located in Westminster OC.

2v997bp.jpg

Last edited:
Back