• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1997 Ford F-350, Crew Cab 7.3, $6000

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoSlowGetStuck

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Well I've had this on craigslist for a month and so far I've had one guy who definitely wants it but I haven't heard from him again, so... not holding my breath for that.

First things first... miles. When I bought the truck last August the odometer did not work, but it ran and drove well so I bought it anyway. Later I got the odometer fixed and it reads 329,000. The title says exempt. The older Ford trucks roll over at 400k back to 300k, so I suppose it could have 429, 529, 1029k, who knows. I figure with this many miles it's best to just take the truck at face value and how it runs and drives.

On to the fun stuff... 7.3 Powerstroke, 4-speed automatic. Crew cab dually. 2WD. Not turned up, only mod is a big paper filter since it had a little K&N cone filter on it when I got it and I like paper filters better. I like stuff I can trust so it's gotten a lot of love in the past year:

- 4 new drive tires, steer tires are in good shape
- New radiator, water pump, thermostat, and coolant+SCA
- New injector O-rings and glow plugs
- New starter
- New coil springs, shocks all around

Got some stuff to go with it... new fan clutch, a gooseneck plate, and a cheap brake controller. It also has Firestone Ride-Rite air bags on it but they need re-plumbed. I was worried about having a 2WD in a lot of the places we wheel/camp so I also put a front receiver on it. Luckily I never had a problem getting stuck.

I'd really like $6000 for it. I've gotten varied responses to this price ranging from "well those 7.3s are gold" to "that's a lot of money for those miles." KBB (for whatever it's worth) puts it at $7200 in "good" shape. Driving a 22' long dually around kind of makes you feel like a BAMF and it's hard to put a price on that right?

Solid body, clearcoat is coming off in a few spots and it's got a little spot of rust on the tailgate but good overall. Interior isn't fancy but it's relatively clean and comfortable. If you're good with having a shorter cab or don't need a dually then there are probably better deals out there, but if you need something that doesn't mind hauling 6 people and a big trailer, or a camper and a trailer, then this might be for you. Anyway, on to the pics!

IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

it is missing a simulator and there is a crash helmet in the back...I like your style. Free test drives? :D

Cheese "Evil" Man

it is missing a simulator and there is a crash helmet in the back...I like your style. Free test drives? :D

Cheese "Evil" Man

Let me double check something with my insurance agent real quick, then it's all yours! ;)

Pretty sure I lost the simulator on I-74 when I was coming out to buy your camper. It might still be there, but finding it will be left as an exercise for the buyer! :D

Guys, this is a solid, good running truck. Yeah, it has a lot if miles but its been to Missouri and back(camper in the back on the way back) and it did great. Its a 15 year old dually but i'd say it has lots of life left in it and if she blows, a Cummins 12v would fit down in there nicely! :D Plus it has a front hitch so you can pull it out of the campground at the badlands with your rig.

Truck and camper = trade for real nice Tahoe?

Sorry Dan but I can't do it, definitely keeping the camper and I'm trying to lower my vehicle count and class up the place a little bit. At least that's the plan for now!

Sold my Sportage today, the truck is all alone by the road now and needs a new home!

Well, I drove the tree-fiddy up to the gas station today and it reminded me what a solid truck it is. The I-beam front rides real nice, it goes straight down the road and I kinda forgot how fast it is for being a stock 7.3. Not to mention at the rate I'm going with the new-to-me Duramax, I'll need the money from selling this just to keep it running :)

I'll solicit some honest opinions on the price here... am I way out of the ball park? I can't find much of anything to compare it to. Seems like diesels in general are going for a fortune lately... anyway, any interested parties send me a PM... I'd rather work out a deal with someone here that will put it to good use than sell it to the average craigslist tire-kicker!

Had a 91 with half a million miles on it as a work truck at my old job, ran like a top. Still kickmyself for not buying it when i had the chance.

GLWS

I saw it in the photo ad paper in fort wayne, so its getting out.

mac 'free bump' gyvr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back