• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1996 jeep cherokee expedition/fishing build

well finally got the sway bar disco stow bars on and installed the snorkel and opt7 led headlight bulbs.ordered new bilstien 5125 all around,iron rock offload trac bar,6.5 coils for the front and control arm drop brackets. should line everything up properly so i can install two new front tires.always get the adjustable trac bar and alignment on jeeps. shredded two tires in 7k miles . lesson learned. also ordered a new speedo gear to correct the speedometer.changed both o2 sensors also.

.snorkel i decided to get a solid piece for the throttle body.hits the hit a tad now but still closes an works great.recieved my or fab rear bumper but my front bumper won't be here for a few weeks so i might cancel and look for another front winch bumper.also my new bilstein shocks, iron rock offroad trac bar and 6.5 inch coils were finally shipped

Ha! I just hooked up my snorkel and had the same issue. Thought I was going screwy when the hood wouldn't latch on the passenger side. Took slamming it in frustration to realize that's all it needed. Heehee!
d1e042db1d9d9e94389fd04afd66243a.jpg
f82fa5145873cf1067817186e0c6dac8.jpg

Is that intake setup loud like a ricer? Either the flexihose or the more solid Spectre stuff. I have the Spectre cowl intake and it sounds like some 17 second fast and furious civic or something whenever I get on the throttle.

How much did that bumper cost? I don't see any pricing on the website. Thanks.

spent the day at the swamp off road park. flexed it out on trails.climbed steep hills and hit the mud hard. it handled everything i threw at it. the cooper stt pros kicked *** in the mud and dirt. the soft sand they were quick to dig but still pulled through.

well the plan is to start looking for a new rear axle. so i can can get gears next year. when the 32s wear down il be looking into 33s more than likely .possibly 35s depending on how confident i am in the jeep.until then I'm going to work on the little things. led turn signals up front as well as 7 inch offroad lights on the bumper. debating which wins to go with also since the bumper sit s the winch in a weird position I'm limited to which winches will fit. i want to get the quadratec 9500i with synthetic rope . if i get the 9500 i will have to trim some of the radiator support.

went on my first fishing trip of the year. the xj is perfect for fishing. even though the starter gave up on me and burned out. switched to ultima starter from o rielly auto parts since I've already been through 2 duralast in the past 3 years.

finally got around to trimming the drivers side to match the passenger side. also changed the route of the intake tube and shortened the snorkel to intake tube a lot.no more tube hanging down in my fender. also discovered the reasoning behind my horrible gas mileage. cracked header. gonna order an apk header along with a new heater control valve soon.also pretty sure someone vandalized my jeep. about 8 dents down the passenger side showed up one night. waiting to see if usaa thinks i should get it fixed or not. i have full coverage but its modified and 20 years old.

well bought some anzo 7 inch HID offroad lights, balljoints, and u joints. installed the lights for now and had a strange situation or so i thought.i used the 300 watt hid harness for both lights but the power struggles to kick on the ballasts if the vehicle is not running .ill upgrade the harness soon.but for $34 a piece on amazon they are definitely worth it. came with wires and clear polycarbonate clip on lenses. waiting a bit to do the u joints and balljoints at the same time.

well a quick update. changed one side balljoints and u joint. also the fan clutch went out so i opted for the grand cherokee zj clutch swap. accidentally bought the heavy duty one that made contact with the radiator so i moved the radiator forward an inch so its now good to go. pretty loud though. stays extremely cool now. also ordered glassworks unlimited fiberglass fenders. plan is to install them and finish up some body work then drop it off for a rust hole repair on the roof and paint the whole truck

well after 2 months of no fenders from glassworks unlimited i canceled the order mainly because they would not answer the phone or respond to messages or emails. worst customer service I've ever experienced and i will be filing a complaint.they took the money as soon as i submitted the order but refused to respond to anything asking about my order status. just placed an order for down n dirty's steel fender flares since I'm the fiberglass never made it here. also received my monstaliner lady in red 2 gallon kit. so i will be finishing the bodywork soon and rolling the whole jeep. added a 2 inch spacer kit up front to level it out. rides pretty good now.just need bigger tires and some gears

Back