• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1994 WRANGLER-12" LIFT/CHEVY V-6/FORD 8.8 in Nor Cal

Big Red

NAXJA Forum User
I know this isn't an xj, but it's a different flavor from Jeep and rubicon ready. Give me you best offer people :D

btt :)

Nice looking rig, if I only had money.

btt :)

1 more time btt :)

Whats up with the 12" lift and 33's? with 4.88's....that all seems way off.... I had Yj with 6" and 33s (4.56s) and was sold on goingto 35's...before it was sold....
have you ever had larger tires on it???

The pictures make it look like it sits high....but is it really 12"s of lift? there has to be some sag with SOA and shackles...doesn't there?

Since I got into xj's I haven't done anything more with my YJ. The lift consists of 2-1/2" Skyjacker springs, Spring over, 3" body lift and shackles. The tires are 33" tls radials. I agree it could use larger tires like 35" Mtr's or 36" tsl radials, but this is up to the new owner. One thing I can say about the 4.88 gears and the 4.3L Chevy vortec modified motor is that it really fast and has plenty of power and low end torque.

Looks like a good project, if I were to buy it I would lose the shackles and 3" body lift, throw some 35's under it, Detroits, and call it done.

I was thinking of losing the 3" body lift too. The Jeep is plenty tall without the body lift, but it does give more room for bigger tires in the 35-37" range with plenty of room still for off-roading and flexing the suspension. I live in the Sacramento, CA area and wouldn't mind taking you for a test drive if you want. Let me know.

I hear you, an off-roading vehicle is not done without lockers. Right now their is a limited slip (trac-lock) in the rear ford 8.8 and the front is open. You could put a lock-right in the dana 30 up front and call it done, or put a detroit locker in the rear to get better traction. I bought the Jeep with 33" and the current lift and just herculined it and ditched the carpet. My xj has 7" lift and 35" mtr's. Really a 35" tires only gives you 1" of clearance over a 33" and puts more strain on your axles, etc. but they do look awesome. 33" tires look good, but 35" tell people that you are serious.

Back