• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1992 cruise control wont engage

well i replaced the entire multi function switch, which came with new wiring but who is to say that that wiring isnt working though. so ill double check that stuff

My '92's cruise pulls in nice, and holds great, as long as the headlight switch is off. All I have to do is pull it to turn on the parking or head lights, and it cuts out as if I stepped on the brake pedal. I've had the car over eleven years, and it would usually work with the lights on, then sometimes, now never! Someday, I'm going to check the grounds on the lights. Although all seem to be of proper brightness, somewhere a defective bulb or poor ground is injecting voltage into the brake light circuit, and tripping out the cruise module. Also, I looked at the brake light switch, and noticed that there are a few add-on splices near the switch, as though the cruise may have been added after the car was made, using factory parts.

Back