• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1991 bus toy hauler

BRIANHO13

<- Yum Chocolate
I bought this 2 years ago from a guy on this board, his build thread:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617423
After I bought it from him I added the following items:

4400 watt generator
15000 btu ac (not shown in pics)
stove top
in "bed" toolbox
shelf unit Stereo system (not shown in pics)
2 captains chairs from a conversion van (not shown)
and redid the entire interior pics are as follows
Before
IMG00070.jpg

After
SDC10728.jpg

SDC10730.jpg

SDC10732.jpg

SDC10723.jpg

The good is this thing is pretty bad ass. With the generator running the ac keeps the interior cool while driving on a 90 degree day.......

Powered by DT 360, intercooled. Has allison Tranny.

The bad, its a bus so it only does 65 tops, driving through Indiana she averages 63-64mph (gps avg). Going up Jellico mountain on th TN / KY border she drops down to 35 mph (most big hills she drops to 55), but has no problems, again its a bus.

I did turn up the fuel on the fuel pump and added a egt gauge.

She gets right around 8mpg.

Before anyone says anything the overhang is not an ssue I have NEVER dragged it or hit anything with it (its only about 3' longer than original).

Located in New Albany,IN (right across From Louisville KY). Fly in and drive home.
ASKING 4900 OBO.

Last edited:
God do I want this thing!

I would have to live in it, because Rebecca would cut me if I parked it in our yard.

Paint it camo and hide it behind the garage.

I would have been better off buying this than the M54A2... oh well, too late now. Toy budget is all spent :(

I don't use it as much as I would like to and my Business would be better off with a truck.......

More pics:
captains chairs, they swivel and recline.
0112111619a.jpg

0112111619.jpg

Stereo
0112111620.jpg

crappy toolbox pic
0112111620a.jpg

Back