• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1990 Comanche Eliminator...DD

eh.

well, the trans is (finally) in. np242 is bolted up, shift linkages in, crossmember and trans mounts are in.

I have to pick up the proper socket to drain and fill the t-case, and I need a new slip-yoke because this one is too crudded up to run without leaking, plus it won't even slide onto the tcase because the inside is too corroded.

also need to toss the front driveshaft in, and lock the CAD (or set up a vacuum switch, like my wheeler).

also inspected the brakes, they're close to new (just a little rusty). cracked the wheel cylinder bleeders in the rear and pumped some fluid out, so (surprisingly) I think the rear brakes will actually work with the factory prop. valve.

and, the driver's side seat cover is in the washer right now..

good day. the clutch works great, trans shifts nicely. I do also have to swap the actual shifter handles around for the ax15, as the MJ lower shifter base is shorter than the YJ shifter base (so it won't shift if you put the MJ one in)

Back