• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1953 willys winch , warn OD, chevy 348 v8 (not mine)

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
i might have a line on a 53 willys, warn OD, PTO winch rear mounted , and a chevy 348 v8. An older fella off craigslist calling for parts. He says its been sitting for 7-8 years but he said he can get it to start. He would probably let it go cheap. Let me know if you are interested.

A 348? :eyes:

This needs pics.

That is the original Chevy big block.

yeah its a 348. pretty neat . I have no pics. Its a older fella I am working out a trade with for another old jeep. once I see it in person Ill get some pics posted up. He asked me if I knew anyone that would want it, I figured id post it up here.

its a flat fender military jeep.

So he ripped the 348 out and ithas a 327. I misunderstood the guy.

7faac610abdfb324bb1407e51fd17518.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

12ad1cb5e80d4ab1bc4be8be00a633e3.jpg

53c37a3c672ea0d2791d36276ef91129.jpg

Its a pile. Basically only good for a pre smog vin, although the guy swears he can get it running ....

Last edited:
No that's not a pile! Its a project. Looks like it would be fun

yeah , its just not a quick project. ha. its neat though. great candidate to build from the ground up and have a pre smog rig, and the nostalgia of the old willys.

He never gave me a price. My gut says 500$

How does he manage to get a rear drive shaft on a CJ-3A (?) if there's an overdrive on the back of the tranny? It's not all that long to start with. We had one on a 58 Willys wagon behind a 327 when I was growing up. It cruised real nice down the road.
Too bad it wasn't a 348 in it. But, I wonder if a 348 would have fit in it. You could have messed with people and claimed it was a 409. :D

this one actually has the 327. He took the 348 out. I posted it later in the thread. I misunderstood the guy...

Back