• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

03 2500hd with 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were any of those a top of the line 1990 BMW convertible? :D

All those miles dont scare you guys. Im in the market for such a truck but, 178 seems like a lot of miles.

The LS based motors are champs. We have ran multiple vehicles with them and ran them upwards of 300K w/o any motor or transmission problems. On those series of vechiles, one of the most commonly replaced item is actually a unit bearing assembly. Of course all of it is relavent to the vehicles maintenance and how it was used. I would not let those miles scare you off.

Cheese "LS for the win" Man

I had the throttle body, TPS and everything reprogrammed at the dealer. So that is $800 you won't have to worry about spending on it.

I had the throttle body, TPS and everything reprogrammed at the dealer. So that is $800 you won't have to worry about spending on it.

All of this. It is drive-by-wire, all the LS engines with that system are known for wires vibrating loose and freaking out the TPS, putting it into limp mode. Once repaired by the dealer they are fine, IIRC.

what was in need of reprograming?

All of this. It is drive-by-wire, all the LS engines with that system are known for wires vibrating loose and freaking out the TPS, putting it into limp mode. Once repaired by the dealer they are fine, IIRC.

Yup, I was pissed when I figured it out and had to take it to a dealer to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back