• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I just can't get rid of it.

trail rate this

NAXJA Forum User
I said is was going to get rid of my 98' XJ. I just cant bring myself to get rid of it, so I will start the transformation to trail rig. Starting with home brew tube doors.

Here are some pics:
SNC00033-1.jpg

The door is removed
SNC00035.jpg

Here is the door laid in there to what it will look like
SNC00039.jpg

I will post more pics as I get it mounted.

Why turn that one into the trail rig?

lookin good eric. glad you decided to keep that one, its set up real nice and you've put a lot of work into it. awesome job on the tube doors!

it drew the short straw.

Lol...if it only knew....

The tube doors look good. Do you have a bender? I'm going to whip up a set sometime soon. The latch mechanism is the only unknown for me at this time. I guess I could go grab a set of latches from the JY, prepare them so they can lift off, and weld them onto the tube doors. That sounds good in my head anyways...

i would love them....but unfortunately i park outside under a carport. No garage, and i dont trust my neighbors :eyes:

Lol...if it only knew....

The tube doors look good. Do you have a bender? I'm going to whip up a set sometime soon. The latch mechanism is the only unknown for me at this time. I guess I could go grab a set of latches from the JY, prepare them so they can lift off, and weld them onto the tube doors. That sounds good in my head anyways...
i've seen some up close that just had a cheap gate latch welded on, and those worked great. the guy had a bike brake cable rigged up to lift the latch from the inside. it's a lot cheaper and easier than integrating oem jeep ones to not look retarded.....

Back