• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

extending brake lines

brandonj2k7

NAXJA Forum User
quick question. i bought 3.5 inch lift leaf packs for the rear of my xj. do i need to extend my brake lines or anything? or can i just put the new springs on and go. i searched but nothing really addressed my situation in particular.

thanks
brandon

I would say that if you just relocate the hard line mounts with that lift you'll be fine.

Just don't do this:

PB290708.jpg

you might get lucky and not have to do anything.Really depends on how much lift you really net.Only way to know is to take it out and flex it.What brand springs are they?

they are rusty's. i have to be at work tomorrow at 4 and im not gunna be wheelin it any time soon i would just like to know if they are good in town. or how to go about moving the hardline bracket like the other gey said

with only 3.5 of lift just unhook the rear line from its mount and you will be fine. when i had my 3 inch lift before the stock line was fine.
mike

wolfpackjeeper said:
you can always pick up a set of late 80's chevy k35 lines, I think the ones I got were about 8in longer than stock at $15 or so each.

This is what I used, $16 a side.

96 Dakota rear line fits too.

94xj6.5 said:
with only 3.5 of lift just unhook the rear line from its mount and you will be fine. when i had my 3 inch lift before the stock line was fine.
mike

How do you do this? I looked at it but am having trouble figuring it out....

Nine Mile said:
How do you do this? I looked at it but am having trouble figuring it out....

disconnect or raise the axle mount, or disconnect the line where the soft line meets the hard line on the mount on the body/frame near the drvers side rear wheel and bend it down

This has been covered a billion (well maybe not that many) times. Please use the search botton. But I used yj lines in the front and a dakota rear line. I have a 3.5" lift and those lines have plenty of length. While you are there think about getting longer e-brake cables(not stock) as well. At full droop they get really tight. And welcome to the best xj forum around.

Can you relocate the ebrake bracket? Redrill the holes on the bracket to slide it back? It seemed like there was enough slack before the bracket to move it back an inch or two.

At full droop with the cables completely loose from the brackets they were still tight. So, I currently don't have a e-brake. Never used it anyways.

Back