• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Part number for 1 piece disco conversion?

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone tell me the part numbers required to convert my 88 front 30 dico axle to a solid shaft on the passenger side? I spoke to a jeep shop,he said warn makes a kit with the inners and outer axles (to accept 297 joints), and a special outer seal. He would not give me the part number though,and for good reason!I can get the parts at jobber rate . I found nothing on th warn website. Any help is awesome, even if it's not a warn number.​

I dont know what the part # is but I would go back and beat it out of the guy at the shop!

I guess some tj shafts will also work and have larger u-joints,anyone out there done the tj axle thing??

Call Alloy-USA, they will set you up .. and FAR cheaper than warn.

bcmaxx said:
I guess some tj shafts will also work and have larger u-joints,anyone out there done the tj axle thing??

TJ shafts are identical to XJ shafts. they will interchange. and since the TJ started in 97, they already have the bigger u-joints that they started using in 95ish in the XJ's.

see that front axle. that's out of an 89XJ. i used the 89XJ axle, and put her stock 97TJ shafts into it along with the 97 knuckles and brakes.
dsc_4100.jpg

but i guarrantee you that you'll have better luck finding a newer cherokee in your local junk yard than a TJ, so get yourself some front axle shafts from a 95 or newer XJ, and then get the seal from napa and put it together.

Back