• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my xj camping trailer

kyro

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys just sharing some pics of my latest mod well kind of anyways.
you will know this xj from many pics

normal_nothappy001.jpg

and here is what is left of it and sitting behind my XJ ready to leave for Camp Coffs a Jeep Action Australia Magazine event

normal_on_the_way_to_coffs.jpg

Cool this is something i'm planning to do with a scapper i've got, but i'm going to do a shorter one cutting just in front of the rear doors and taking the roof off. Have you got any other pictures preferably of the front A frame section?

Nice, I wish I had a locking, covered, offroad capable trailer.

Shoot, you can bring an air mattress and simply make that your sleeper too.

Dude,

I've been planning that very same thing for years. I was going to use an MJ bed though. Cut it off and throw a camper shell on there. But seeing that I just might do an old XJ trailer. Hmm.

How did you do the Hitch? Regular? Or a Hook and Pintle?

Are the side door windows openable?

How long did it turn out to be?

I'm hoping to get a car hauler trailer for those long trips, so I need to know how long a trailer I'd need to fit the Jeep and off-road trailer too.

Eric

Last edited:
joschmo86 said:
Shoot, you can bring an air mattress and simply make that your sleeper too.

Yep thats the plan as it has storage under the bed already as the guys sleep in it on there trek around OZ, and then i'm going to pop a tent on the roof as well

Wow...I'm guessing Sven didn't want to bother with shipping again?

Trailer looks good Kyro.

Steve97TJ said:
Do you have any inside pics of it and closer up shots?

2nd that!

I want to see more photos!
thats cool!

good job...

-Aaron :yelclap:

That's awesome! Great job.

He cut it up cause it was falling apart, reason it was sold to start with. From what I read else were the roof was coming apart for one, and it would never pass inspection in england

Andrew

Back