NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old May 2nd, 2006, 19:39
NAXJA Forum User

Seat cushion foam

Okay. Been trying to find a part number for this for a few days, and am having zero luck. Hopefully someone with access to a Chrysler parts catalogue can lend a hand.

I need new seat cushion foam (both in the squab and seat back) for the driver's side on my 2000 Limited. Evidently the previous owner was heavier than I, and it's shot. This wouldn't be such a big deal, but I'm starting to develop back pain after even relatively short drives (+/- 2 hrs.) in the Jeep. It has the six-way power leather seats, if this makes a difference. If I could also get the numbers for the passenger side, it'd be a bonus.

Unfortunately the best luck I've had so far recommends replacing the entire seat - and at $650, that's right out. If there's no OEM part number available, if anyone's aware of an aftermarket source it'd be much appreciated.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 20:48
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Seat cushion foam

i don't mean to not be any help by saying search, but i recently saw on some site a write up on how to restuff the front seats. if i come across it again and remember where it was, i'll send it to you, but hopefully someone else has it stickied or knows which site it is hosted on. i'm sure they'll either mention a part number or simply tell what product they used and where they got it.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 20:51
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrTxJ
i don't mean to not be any help by saying search,
Not at all - searching's key to finding what you're looking for. Haven't dug it up in the past few days doing that, though

Quote:
but i recently saw on some site a write up on how to restuff the front seats. if i come across it again and remember where it was, i'll send it to you, but hopefully someone else has it stickied or knows which site it is hosted on. i'm sure they'll either mention a part number or simply tell what product they used and where they got it.
Please do - I would *LOVE* to have that information! Hearing this, it's back to Google for a few to see if I can't dig it up...
Old May 2nd, 2006, 21:00
NAXJA Forum User

http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/index.htm

http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoSeatRepadding.htm

bed time, enjoy!
Old May 2nd, 2006, 21:04
NAXJA Forum User

Ah, *THAT* one! I'm well-familiar with that site, but completely overlooked it in my searches (which is odd, because I pulled other info from it yesterday). Thanks for the heads-up; I like the sleep foam idea a lot.
Old May 3rd, 2006, 13:53
NAXJA Member

casm, another trick to try. Is replacing yours with seats from a ZJ, or WJ. Should be farly easy to find a set, and they ae supposed to bolt to the XJ seat brackets. It is said they are more confey than there XJ counterparts. However I always thought the leather seats in my XJ where more confortble than the non leather ones in my ex's ZJ. Though it could just be the fact mine go back about an 1" 1/2 farther for more leg room.
Old May 3rd, 2006, 13:59
I Jeep, therefore, I am..

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyxj
casm, another trick to try. Is replacing yours with seats from a ZJ, or WJ. Should be farly easy to find a set, and they ae supposed to bolt to the XJ seat brackets. It is said they are more confey than there XJ counterparts. However I always thought the leather seats in my XJ where more confortble than the non leather ones in my ex's ZJ. Though it could just be the fact mine go back about an 1" 1/2 farther for more leg room.
I recently completed this swap over from WJ leather seats to my XJ. As scoobyxj mentions, it's a direct bolt in for late model XJ's when using WJ seats. I got both front leather seats out of a 2003 on Ebay for $195 which included shipping, and swapped them out in less than half hour...